News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

You Might be a Visionary ...

Started by Lucky, July 09, 2005, 08:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Quote from: hfarley on July 21, 2005, 02:01:16 PM
You might be a visionary if you spend more time fixing your bike than riding it. But once you do get to ride it you get the biggest, cheesiest grin on your face and know that it was totally worth it.? ;D ;D ;D

Oh Yeah don't I know it....I'm beaming so big now after riding my V for the first time testerday that my ears have moved so far back behind my head that I can't wear sunglasses.  I even have bugs stuck on my teeth.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

hmmm,, i sense some minor finger pointing in this thread,,,  we better watch this  ,,,, but i have to add mine in,,,

you may be a Visionary if you move across the state to a beachfront home ,just so you wont have to re-jet the carbs when your custom pipes are installed

you are a visionary when you moved to the beach just so that you can hit all 3 of the biggest bike rallies in the mid atlantic coastline (spring harley week, atlantic bike week, fall riders rally)

You have to be a visionary if you have been whacked by a blue haired old woman with a caddy and still ride the same day your cast is put on

You are hopeless visionary when the first thing you do when you return from overseas conference is check under your bike cover for damage and the dresser for your bike keys( guilty )
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

MotorPlow

You might be a Visionary if you buy used engine case covers just so you can try a whole bunch of stuff on them to see what cleans them up the best.

Coil Coyle

You might be a Visionary if:

- you don't have any fingerprints on your thumb, index or middle finger ever since you tried grinding a Valve Shim Tool out of a 22mm end wrench :'( :'( ;) :-*
;D

coil

Lucky

Ouch, that hurts! i've done that!  :-\
I hear you can get the tool here thoug:  ;D

Camtool Part Number: 35-3470
Brand: K&L
Name: VALVE SHIM TOOL:YAM XZ550
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

QBS

Coil:  Love your Ezekiel tag line.  What a wonderfully appropriate application!

Cheers.

glennw

You might be a Visionary if they keep a stator in stock for you at the bike shop...? ;D

or the bike shop calls you for Vison parts... :-X

Half Mad Max

kiawrench

i finally have something to add!!

You almost have to be a visionary when someone dumps a vision carcass and a box of parts on your carport with a note asking if you could make it run .

(kid down the street found it someplace, guess i have winter project bike )
if anyone is wondering, yes, i am going to work on it for her, and yes she is a rider, owns a 250 rebel that is dressed to the max
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

supervision

When the local bike  shop turns down the chance to estamate repair cost on a 83 vision but they refer the people to me, to take it off their hands, I might be a  Visionary   Got that  sucker home use the double disk set-up as well as the low bars.    SV
" border="0

glennw

Supervision... Did you get another V?
GlennW
Half Mad Max

supervision

" border="0

Coil Coyle

... if it never occured to you to waste your tires, engine, gasoline or time trying
8)? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?to? draw? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? :P? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? a? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?:)? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? with your motorcycle? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?;D ;D ;D
;)

coil

wolf

---wow, nice forum! I apparently have nothing better to do thann to spend the morning navigating my way through it... well here's something...
You know you're a Visionary when you're at the cottage and you lend the Vision to your son--been riding a couple years now--and an hour later, you get the call, he's smoked a fork in the road...(choose,son,..CHOOSE!..)...anyway, you know you're a Visionary when your SECOND thought is--well, at least now I can install that new(er) vision engine, replace the swing arm bearings, steering head bearings...
Yeah, he was ok. Got me a new pair of leather pants for Christmas, he did , to replace the,uh, scuffed up ones ( side note to all you squidly boys and girls...wear your leathers.. they work..)
Here's another--you know you're a Visionary when one of your best buds is a bike mechanic...
cheers...wolf.

Blurred Vision

You might be a visionary if you and the owner of the local salvage yard are on a first name basis. ;D... and asks you for spare parts..
Jay

Superfly

Quote from: Jays Vision on February 04, 2006, 03:57:39 PM
You might be a visionary if you and the owner of the local salvage yard are on a first name basis. ;D... and asks you for spare parts..

Um.... that actually happened to me....
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

ps2/bikevision

you might be a visionary if you walk into your local bike shop for a new visior and the first thing they tell you is "no your parts are not in yet!"

Brian_Matthewson

...if you buy carb cleaner, gas line antifreeze, and fuel conditioner by the case.
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

YellowJacket!

You might be a Visionary if:  In an attempt to release a stuck caliper piston you use compressed air...a little too much compressed air...to blow said stuck piston out of the caliper thus launching it (with a very loud POP) through a screen window and into your back yard...and causing every dog within three mile radius to start barking (at 11:00pm) for a solid hour.  ;)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Coil Coyle

... if your friends all live from hundreds  to thousands of miles away from where you live, and you move another six hundred miles to get a garage with room for your Visions.

;D
coil

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black