Guess The HP/TQ of T-Dub's Vision Racer!

Started by Blake, July 13, 2005, 08:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Much HP do you think the 750cc Vision Flat Track Racer has?

75hp-90hp
1 (6.7%)
91hp-100hp
4 (26.7%)
101hp-110hp
9 (60%)
111hp-125hp
1 (6.7%)
125hp+
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: July 20, 2005, 08:20:26 AM

Blake

Hey Guys,

This morning on the ride into work on I-95 a guy on a Motard (dirtbike converted to street) FLEW by me (i was on the Vstar 650 or else i would have had to make him show a little "V" respect :) )

Anyway, it got me thinking about dirt, and eventually led to flat track- so i started wondering, with a 750cc RACE engine, plenty of improvements, how much do you all think that engine is putting out?? Personally im thinking somewhere in the range of 110-125hp, with torque a good bit more.? No real scientific logic to my guess other than at stock we have 64hp and 37lbs torque.? i figure take into account 50% engine increase in size, lots of cam and head work, and boost up the torque output some. Mostly a hopeful/optimistic guess of what this engine is capable of :). Just was curious as to what the rest of you thought.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

admin

actually I thought he had already quoted horsepower when I was talking to him.
I believe that info has been removed from the board tho'

-Ron

Blake

I think you're right Ron,

For some reason i could have sworn he mentioned it, but after looking i couldn't come up with anything. 

Interesting to see I'm the only one who has high (perhaps too high) hopes of the power, or maybe its because im the only one that doesnt remember what the power was said to be at :)

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Tdub

Always Looking for the Next Race

admin

Yar ya do.

c'mon......   out with it !!    ;)

Blake

haha..

Watch the answer be something like "well...it has more than stock..but less than a V8"

;D

Tdub

Well...it has more than stock..but less than a V8!
All I can say it is right in the ballpark with the XR750s...but it definately has more potential, and it is still early in the developement stage. Tdub

crackerkorean

Thats not to bad considering some new street bikes dont make that much power.

Coil Coyle

TDub,
? ? ? ? ? ?Part of the XR's sucess is the flat torque curve that doesn't just spin the tire at peak output.
? ? ?What flywheel weight are you running? :-\
? ? ?What shape are you building the torque curve?
? ? ?What hardware are you using to degree your cams?

These things could help us street tuners without giving HD anything. ;)

???

coil

Tdub

Coil, I am sorry I can't be real specific.
For degreeing the cams, I attach a standard degree wheel(the bigger, the better) to the end of the crank. Getting a clean shot on the shim bucket with the dial indicator can be tricky, but doable.
The flatter the torque curve, the better as you know. cam timing can be anywhere from 100-110 lobe centers depending on the cam and pipes.
Sorry I can't be more explicit right now.