Hot Doggie!!! I'm A RIDER of Vision!!!

Started by YellowJacket!, July 20, 2005, 03:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well, I completed the almost final stage (is there ever a final stage for Vision owners??).  I completed the assembly of the modified airbox and installed my repaired YICS.  The UYICS needs some improvement.
I used a heavy duty razor to slice down the seam of the YICS and cut it perfectly in half.  I carefully sanded down the edges, applied high temp epoxy and clamped the two halves together and Voila! NO LEAKS.  The bike runs awesome!!  Idle is dead on and there is no stumble at all.  I may have to do some clutch adjustments but what would you expect from a bike that I completely took apart and reassembled without much experience (except from all the help from you all).

Lastly, Ill get the palstics and tank painted and the job will be done.

David

(Mods, if you want to move this OT or to "gone Riding", feel free to.) da

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

PlumberKhan

h2olawyer

David -

Great Job!!!!

At last you know what fun this bike is.  Sounds like your UYICS was the high idle problem - maybe it works too well?  Tenn. Orange could be a great color on the V.

I've geen considering a change as well.  The silver is too close to pavement color for high visibility.  Have a couple ideas in mind but will wait until I get it done this coming winter (or next) & spring pix as a surprise.  Got my fairing painted & polished to sort of match the rest of the bike.  Actually a fairly good match considering it all came from rattle cans.  The for real paint will be done with better equipment & paint but it should look good as is for a year or two.

Enjoy being a Rider of Vision!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Hi All

Today was the first official ride to work on my vision day.  Got up at 5 am, strapped my lunchbox on the back of my seat, packed my hospital scrubs up (I need saddle bags now...next project), showered, changed into my riding gear and RODE TO WORK ON MY VISION!  Got there at 0630 and everyone stared at me as I walked in in my jeans, boots and riding jacket.  Only to find out that they called me on my cell phone to tell me that I was called off 30 mins ago. (cell phone was in my pocket and I did not hear it ring).  But anyway, got to ride home and look at the beautiful sunrise.
V performed excellent.  Although my drain hose popped off my battery and apparently some acid bubbled out which I promptly cleaned up.  V must be running a tad rich because everyone at work said I smelled like gas, so I'm going to make some more adjustments.
All in all, it was about a 16 mile round trip and very nice early in the morning.  Going to do it again tomorrow...and its not my turn to be called off so I'll have to park it and work.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

bet you noticed how much more you can smell on a bike...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

QBS

Depending on your carrying needs, consider a tank bag.  Most can be easily removed from the bike and can carry a great deal of stuff.  Have had a large Bagman (NLA) on my '83 for 21 years.  Saddle bags add more weight and hurt handling.  Cheers.

Lucky

IMHO sadle bags, at least my small ones which are fiberglass, didn't effect handling at all, infact, i barely noticed a difference.  i only really notice they're there if i've happen to load them unevenly.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black