News:

Main Menu

East Riders of Vision Meet

Started by MotorPlow, July 12, 2005, 10:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorPlow

The EROV event is fast approaching (Saturday, July30th). I am staying at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort (www.dealsgap.com). I still have 2 extra beds open in my room if anyone is interested - or - 3 extra beds if I sleep in one of the bunk beds and a couple wants to share the queen sized bed in the room. When I get there, I will clip a piece of paper to my Vision with my room number so other Visionaries will be able to find me.

Is anyone camping at my house on Thursday Night into Friday Morning in Callaway, VA? I plan on riding down sometime on Friday so I can have the entire day on Saturday at the Dragon.

Thanx,
Chris F.

crackerkorean

I will be missing this one but make sure to have some fun for me.
Also there are going to be tons of miatas out there.

Mutt

I want one of those racks please! I'll be there around mid-day or earlier on Friday.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

ps2/bikevision

if you still got a rack left ill take it. if not its no big deal.  it looks like i will be riding the whole way so i will meet you all at the gap. im trying to find a room for friday night. i was thinking on trucking the bike to your house but the truck has no overdrive right now and i wont have the money to fix it right now.

im thinking of staying in knoxville thursday night and riding into the gap on friday afternoon. that way im fresh riding into the gap. im not too keen on riding it for the first time friday night after a 500 mile trip.

this will be my first big trip on a bike so its killing me to have to wait to leave till the end of the month.

ok i might end up using my tent for the night if i cant find a cheap hotel in knoxville. im doing this trip on a small budget around $200. and i sleep in my tent alot so i may just go that route. if someone else need a bunk let them have it before me.

MotorPlow

Okay, I have the two extra beds filled at the motorcycle resort (unles someone else really really needs it, then ps2 will bow oout). For now however, Mutt and ps2 they are yours.

I am looking forward to this event.

Chris F.

MotorPlow

Seen recently at the Dragon:

And of course mine will be there at the end of July:

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Mutt

It's real close! Do we know for sure who is going yet? Below is a list from a couple of months ago.

Blake ?
Motorplow (yes)
Kiawrench ?
Mutt (yes)
schanland
MrMe
dchakrab (maybe)
ps2 (yes)
GA Wolf

I'm so excited about it I might even put my bike back together today!

Mutt

Blake

:'( :'( :'( :'(

up until a week or so ago, there was a 50/50 chance i could make it,  but then yesterday it was certian, i can't go.  Im currently spending the summer at my parents house and the house was sold a few days ago, and apparantly their lease for a new apartment starts august 1st.  the same weekend of the deals gap trip :(  so unfortunately i cant make it even though i've been looking forward to it for the past few months, it out of my hands  :'(  :'(  :'(.. maybe if all goes well there can be a spring EROV run somewhere that i can definately attend...here's hoping.

Motorplow,  I'm heading down to Blacksburg the weekend of the 4-7.  Im bringing down the vision and a few other things that need to be moved back into my apartment.  If you're not busy friday evening or saturday I can stop and "donate" some spare Vision parts to your collection.  looks like there might be some good stuff in there too  ;D  If not I can just dump it all off at the frat house for the time being until i can get it over to you.

Take lots of pictures for me guys! :'(

Blake

"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

MotorPlow

Quote from: Blake on July 20, 2005, 01:17:51 PM
Motorplow,? I'm heading down to Blacksburg the weekend of the 4-7.? Im bringing down the vision and a few other things that need to be moved back into my apartment.? If you're not busy friday evening or saturday I can stop and "donate" some spare Vision parts to your collection.?

Blake,
I have to be at work at 5PM on the 5th, 6th and 7th.? This leaves me free during the day on each of those days.? Let me know how things are looking as you get closer to that weekend.

Thanx,
Chris F.

ps2/bikevision

hey chris just wondering what its going to cost per pereson for the room. also do you have it for friday and saturday. and you had mentioned a lunchin for the group, did you get it set up or are we just going to wing it when we get there.

i am leaving my house thursday morning. it gives me two days to get there. i shouldnt need it but i dont want to push it to much.

MotorPlow

I have the room at the Deal's Gap MotorCycle Resort for both Friday and Saturday night.? If I remember correctly, the room is $50 a night for 2 people and $10 extra for each additional up to 4 people total.? We can settle up on Sunday, it's no big deal.? As for the lunch, I was going to set it up when I checked in and see what it takes to get the t-shirt and maybe a decal up on the ceiling.

Mutt

3 day warning!? ;D

Looks like a good chance (30%) for some liquid sunshine. Should make the dragon even more of a challenge.

I don't care if it rains, unless of course it's lightning. There was a rider in South Hampton County, Va. that was struck and killed by lightning back in May while actually riding down the road.? http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=3387272&nav=23iiaFOVL

Here's some advice for cyclist caught in weather situations such as t-storms, fog, tornados.? http://www.mmaweb.org/ama.html

You guys be careful riding down.

Mutt

Mutt

OK, I'm ready for the dragon now. I've put everything back together, starter clutch bolt fix, cpu fan on R/R with a large heatsink added, replaced several cotter pins, replaced the brake tension bar bolts (thx Kia), clutch adjustment, carb sync, new plugs, oil and filter, and a quick cleaning. Installing a factory fairing/lowers after the dragon. Hope the bike stays in this good of shape after the dragon. Dont' look at my yard. I'ts burnt up from the current heat wave we're having. 104 yesterday and 102 today.

Mutt

h2olawyer

Mutt -

The bike looks great - especially for a "quick cleaning"!? Nice to get all those nagging maintenance & preventive measures done.? ?8)

Be safe at the Dragon & don't find a reason to tack anything to the "Tree of Shame".? ?;D? (That goes for all you EROV Dragon slayers!)

The heat's done worse to my yard.? No rain from July 1 until Sunday.? Even then, it wasn't much.? Last week, it was between 98 & 104 for six straight days.? Normal temp for here this time of year is 88.? We also should have about 1 1/2 inches of rain in July.? So far, about 1/10 of an inch.? Just to make us feel like it's really Colorado, yesterday's high was 65 degrees!.? In the 80s again today & predicted to get to the mid 90s by the weekend.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lead_Deficiency

If I didn't have to work this weekend I'd come down for the ride.

MotorPlow

Short Timers!
We are getting very close.  I have spent the last 2 days cutting pot plants after hiking through dense under brush in 95+ degree heat.  I am ready for this.  Carbs synced and just need a cleaning now....

ChrisF.

ps2/bikevision

all right the time has come. im packing the bike tonight and leaving tommarow morning. i dont think i will sleep much tonight.

dragon here i come.

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on July 27, 2005, 05:06:08 PM
Short Timers!
We are getting very close.? I have spent the last 2 days cutting pot plants after hiking through dense under brush in 95+ degree heat.? I am ready for this.? Carbs synced and just need a cleaning now....

ChrisF.

Gee Chris, I knew we would have fun, but I was figuring on just a couple of beers!  :D

Mutt

Quote from: Lead_Deficiency on July 27, 2005, 04:54:20 PM
If I didn't have to work this weekend I'd come down for the ride.

Come on down anyway. Sick days?

Mutt