2nd Annual CROV Fall Run Reports/ photos / Kingman Arizona October 15th & 16th

Started by glennw, August 10, 2005, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

whoooo hoooooooooooooo...... reports start on page 4

With the help of Rick G, who has lined up some great rides and destinations for us to choose from we will be holding the 2nd Annual CROV Fall Run in Kingman Arizona, October? 15th & 16th .

There is a nice almost new Motel 6 I have stayed at with a good restaurant (with cocktails!) just across the parking lot.

Motel info:
Motel 6
424 West Beale
Kingman AZ 86401
928-753-9222

We have to buy 10 rooms for a group rate. I don't think we will have that many. Std Rate is $45.99 per night (1 person)
The said to ask for ajoining rooms, use my name Glenn Walker as I booked a room today.

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_search.asp?City=&state=none&motelnumber=1114

If you have never been to Northern Arizona in the Fall, the weather is fantastic. Rick says that this is there dry season. The rides will include some of the following, near by Oatman (on old Hwy 66) at least two old ghost towns and lots of twisty roads. Rick mentioned a stop at what he describes as the Best Burger spot in AZ (+ 160 kinds of beer). Even those not riding will find plenty to enjoy in this area.

We would hope all who have been on the previous V runs can make it (and maybe Don Minor won't get the Iron Butt award this time!). We also hope some new folks will join us as well. Maybe all the V guys in AZ, Nevada and Colorado can make it this time... and Stu...come on down!

This is not to be missed and one fine bunch of folks. What are you doing in October anyway, carving pumpkins? We have yet to have a Vision break down on these runs.... and if we do we have one of the best V guys in Rick who can help you out... so you have NO EXCUSES not to join us this time!? ?Let us know if you are coming

I'll keep a list going here:

So far we have committed:

Rick G ( our local road guide)
GlennW
Ron McCoy
Chris Coyle
Jim and Lori Coyle
Don Minor
Visionmeister? - Craig
Superfly
Greg & Matt
Supervision - Dave

Where are they now?
Guys from the last runs...

Extent - Mark
Ryan -- maybe?

Can't really tell:
Bernie Lajoie

Can't make it:
Professor? Rex
Dirty Vision - Brian?
H20

Where are some new V riders!!! We can't be the only ones!

Half Mad Max

ProfessorRex

Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

h2olawyer

Sounds like a plan!? Looking forward to seeing & riding with all you west coasters again - not to mention finally meeting Rick & hopefully a few more Visionaries.? Guess I'll have to fix that damn oil leak before October.? ?::)? Just a very long 1 day drive this time - cool.? Only 850 ~ 950 miles depending on the route.? Plus, I should have at least one relief driver - way cool!

How about Brian (Dirty Vision) - are we going to force him to polish his V before he can join us again?

There's a possibility I'll also have a GTS rider along so if Greg shows up to this one, he won't be quite as conspicuous.? ?:D? Don't worry, Greg - it's a slower blue one.

If this one is a quarter the fun last fall's ride was, it will still be awesome.? Let's see if we can get over 10 this time!? (It's the end of the world as we know it & I feel fine!)

To get a glimpse of the road from Kingman to Oatman, rent a movie called Roadhouse 66,? starring Judge Reinhold & Willem Dafoe.? Bad movie & no great performances but a good car race from Kingman to Oatman & back & quite a few great old cars.? Looks like a fun ride.? Hope they've done SOME work on the pavement, though!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: h2olawyer on August 11, 2005, 02:39:53 AM
How about Brian (Dirty Vision) - are we going to force him to polish his V before he can join us again?

P. A. T. I. N. A.  It's called patina.

Brian

bmw100

I can't belive I have not been invited,com'on I live here in Tempe,AZ.have my own bike shop,with vision customers(4). shoot I'll even put a flyer up on my B-board ;D.for that matter I might just clean-up the old hot-rod v and bring it up there (in the back of my truck,got to get there and back you know!)kick-ass!I'm going to have a hard time sleeping t'nite knowing this event is coming to AZ!
? ?well this is good! the other riders may/may not be interested I'll see how they feel and I'll give interested parties this web site info if they want to come on board,isn't it nice to hear from somebody that you enjoy talking about and sharing such warm feelings with such as me! ;) anyway enough about me,I am suprised that the Cali-group would come to AZ. to ride. Kingman is really not much to talk about or a place for decent riding, a trip down to Prescott over to Jerome and back(89A) that's a kick-ass ride!
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Your Buddy
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Bernard Lajoie
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?aka: frenchthewrench@cox.net
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?also,owner:Cyclewerks
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Tempe,AZ.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 480-921-3038

h2olawyer

We hear from a legend!!

What do you mean not invited - everybody who can make it is welcome.  Heck, they even let me tag along last fall.   :D

There may be better roads in other parts of AZ, (89A is well known enough that even I've heard of it), but it's fairly well centralized to lots of people.  Only about 14 hours for me.  Won't have to spend a night in a motel on either direction.  Besides, the road to Oatman looks fairly twisty & your old buddy Rick probably knows the area fairly well by now - even though he's been busy with an engine rebuild for a while.  Might not be as challenging as Caliente - Bodfish (now that's a cycle road!) but the map shows some pretty good twisties.

Looking forward to seeing you and any other V riders you can manage to convince to get there.  Might have to call it the Western ROV rally instead of California - especially if the Colorado & Arizona contingents can outnumber them!

H2O

QuoteP. A. T. I. N. A.  It's called patina.

Brian - The folks at Antiques Roadshow would be proud!
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Coil Coyle

Glenn,
Put Lori Coyle and I on the list, we should have one of these 3 running soon!

;D
Jim Coyle

glennw

Dirty Vision, Brian are you coming?

Bernie, you are welcome.... if bring your V
and don't snivel about the roads. Part of the reason
Kingman was selected was so we could ride with Rick G.
And bring all your V buds !!

GlennW

Half Mad Max

Superfly

Usually my bike goes down right before the run? >:(?
This time, the bike has given me plenty of time to fix her up! (she has been down for a month already!? hopefully I will be done this weekend!!)

Any thoughts on dates yet?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

Superfly,
So far we have had no objections to the date on the first post but not everyone has been heard from as of yet.
Do live in Lancaster? I'll be bringing mine in on a trailer and will be going through Palmdale on the way if you want a ride.
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Superfly

By then, hopefully I will be back in L.A.  But if you got room, Yes please!!  I would meet you anywhere that is easiest for you. 

Typically the only time blackie is "riding in a truck" she is broke down!! (Orion can vouch for that!! he has helped pick blackie up a couple of times)
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

Superfly,
Yea I have to go through Valencia so we will  figure something out I'm sure.
Glenn
Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

I'll put it on my calander and plan on it.
Need to do some starter clutch work. But, should be able to make it.
Just watched The Wild One the other nite. Can't wait to see the V's roll into Kingman just like Brando and Lee Marvin. Much less fanfare from the local authorities though.

glennw

Good... we are on our way to having record attendence.....

Yea..Visionmeister Craig.... and bring Supervision Dave with you!

Who was the guy from Vegas who showed up in his car last fall in park in Kernville....?
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

QuoteWho was the guy from Vegas who showed up in his car last fall in park in Kernville....?

I believe that was Cougar Dave.  Haven't heard anything from him in a while . . ..

I like the Wild One reference.  Forgot they rode into Kingman.  Been a few years since I watched it.

Glenn - Which Motel 6 - East or West?

Craig - hope to have more time to talk this time!

H2O

glennw

H20,
I am about 90% sure it's the WEST one. It's been 3 years since i was there! I need RickG to confirm. I would not make any resevations until we have heard from a few more to confirm the date.
If you would like to call them / e-mail them and post what you find out,? that would be great.? I see they have a "group rate box" on the Motel Six web site.
GlennW
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

It was more from curiosity that I asked.  There's one on Andy Devine Blvd. & the other one is southwest of there.  Was going to wait to make sure I can go (about 95% right now) and for information about possible group rates and the like.  So far, any weekend in October is fine.

I went to each of the websites for the Kingman Motel 6s.  Rates are low anyway but if they give us a special deal, that would be great!

Was curious mainly for planning the driving routes on MS Streets & Trips.  Want to go shortest distance one direction & do some sight seeing the other.  Just nice to have the addresses for things along the way & for the motel so I can plug it into the software & get it printed out.

H2O

ProfessorRex

CU's fall break is the Oct. 13-14th so I'm going to go home to New Orleans for a long weekend (not going home for thanksgiving this year).  So I guess I'm out for this one (again).  I'll post if anything changes.

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

glennw

Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

The Wild One was about the infamous Hollister, Ca. run.
Kingman will do.
It just conjurs up images.
The V group is really very friendly, respectable and independent thinkers compared to all those Harley look-alikes.
We'll see you there.