News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

2nd Annual CROV Fall Run Reports/ photos / Kingman Arizona October 15th & 16th

Started by glennw, August 10, 2005, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

We certainly did luck out ! We have had a down pour  for the last two days.

I have a few pics but no site to put them on , any one want to  put them up ? I'll email them to whom ever  wants to.
Mr & Mrs  Coyle are still in Kingman ,  as she is ill . They are considering going to the hospital. I'll keep every one posted . They are in our prayers.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

That beautiful weather has been up here for the last week.  We're about to get your wet stuff on Wednesday.   :'(  The riding here has been fantastic.  75 ~ 80 (F) days.  Had to go to Loveland this afternoon.  Normally a 15 mile trip each way.  By the time I got home, I'd done over 80 miles.  Had to take the long way through the foothills.  The fall colors are truly awesome here this year.

Sorry to hear Mrs. Coyle is ill.  Hope she gets well soon.  She is in my prayers as well.

Let me look into a couple things & I may be able to post your pics in a few days.  I can PM you when I'm ready if someone else hasn't helped out sooner.

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

visionless

Now that I have been baptized in water (rain) at a vision ride, I figured I would complete the rebirth with a new name.
                    Before: ccoyle6731
                    After: Visionless

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great time and it was a pleasure meeting all of you.  I now know why my mom and dad speak so highly of everyone.
Rick, if you e-mail me those pictures, I will add them to the others.
                                           Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

Ron_McCoy

Chris, does this mean you're going to be coming over and working on the red one?
Once its on the road, you'll need to change your name again.

Coil Coyle

What fun!? 8)

Thanks Rick and Glenn for instigating and organizing the ride.

We made it home Thursday evening, Lori got over her intestinal problems and we did 500 +- miles Wednesday to Los Banos, then saw the Winchester mansion and had a short ride home all day Thursday.

The camera isn't downloaded yet. I will sort the good ones and Email to Chris for him to post on his page in the morning after work.? I will also burn *.jpeg files to CD for any one that wants them all. Just Email me an adress for "snail mail"

I'm going to try to have three V's running for the Spring ride. The pictures of all your Visions will be posted on my shed's walls to keep me inspired through the Redwood Drizzle Days that are sure to come.

Gratefully,
;)
coil

glennw

So I was thinking today as I tested my blown stator...(confirmed.. D.O.A. today) how much fun I had last Saturday. Then I started thinking..gee... let do this more often...
Glennw
Half Mad Max

Ron_McCoy

I'll second that. Its hard to beat the fun we have getting together and riding.

supervision

I'm free next Saturday, just kiddin,  but it sure was fun,  Spring sounds good to me.   Trevor and I are going  riding tomorrow out towards Yosemite probably only  150 miles or so. Were going to follow the river up to were they charge to enter  the park, and head back out again.  We are going to breakfast in Snelling,  Ca.  (the town were we had beer at the park, when we met on the way to the cabin) we'll take the road that goes past the park, out about 5 mi. we 'll be on the Hornitos road which we rode on in the Spring.   Dave
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Sounds like a fun ride.? I have a mountain bike ride going tomorrow in the foothills east of town.? We have the HWY 99 car show in town this weekend too.

I do have vacation coming up in a couple of weeks. There will be some riding done.

Oh yeah, H2O, its still flat black under the blue.

Ron

visionless

Here are some more pictures from the CROV fall run
                                Chris

http://ccoylepictures.tripod.com/kingman_ride/
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

glennw

Half Mad Max

Rick G

I have a couple but I need to send them to someone who can post  them. I'm on a dial up so it will take a while! :o
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

supervision

We have no pictures at this end, only fond  memorys  of things like stacks of boulders that looked sureal,  gigantic cactus',  good bench racing..  Another thing is I can still remember the level of prep Ron's bike was in and couldn't believe he goes and rides it thru fresh paint!!!    I think I'll travel to that area again, that's for sure.  Dave
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Once the rocket pack installation is done
I'll be able to fly out of situations like that.  I was happy not to lose the front end in the paint.  I just didn't see it in time to change my line enough to avoid it.

Ron

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Ron_McCoy on November 01, 2005, 06:09:39 PM
I was happy not to lose the front end in the paint.? I just didn't see it in time to change my line enough to avoid it.

When I first got my Vision, I was riding it home from work and came around a corner.? There splayed out in front of me was a huge puddle of white paint.? I was able to straighten out the bike so that I didn't lose it, but I was never able to get all of the paint off.? There are still little bits hiding out in places that I normally don't look at or clean very well (okay, stop sniggering).

Over the years I've gotten most of it off.? Wish I knew what kind it was, I'd use it to paint everything that needed protection, it was a real pain to remove!

Brian

Ron_McCoy

Hi Brian, sounds like the same stuff I'm trying to get off my bike. Amazing how little protection
the fenders give.

Ron

Rick G

My main concern , when I spotted the stuff   was not to loose the front end  and go down ! Then  I started to worry about someone else going down. Luckily , no one did .
My first concern,  when I was approched  about  leading the ride  was keeping a group of guys , who I had never riden with before , togeather . I didn't want  to run off and leave them  but we had a 325 + mile ride  planned the first day  and  we needed  to move right along. 
I need not have worried  , the group consisted  of talented , experenced riders  who stay  right on  target . when we stopped  at the side of the road in Kirkland,  I no sooner got my helmet off  than the last of the group  were pulling in.
Great bunch to ride with!  I will remember those two days  as long as I live!

It was  a bit hectic  in Prescott ,  and we got sepearted  for a few min. my bike was having one of its fits (I spent  quite a bit of time adjusting the carbs and the flapper , prior to the run and it was running like a swiss watch , untill the day of the ride when it  developed  a  bad  stumble )  I believe I will  adjust the flapper  abit more as the problem is intermittiant , some days its fine and others  it snorts and gargles .
I stopped  on the side of the street in Prescott as my clutch easy had come out of adjustment  causing the clutch to drag , that coupled with the  off idle stumble  made riding in traffic a pain. After adjusting the clutch easy and the low speed on the carbs  it was much improved.
Heading back down I-40 (which I hate due to the abundance of big rigs)  I pulled out most of the stops to get that part of the ride over with. The BMW diesel pusher  pulled up along side  and inicated I was doing 105 , my speedo indicated  90.  My used parts  rebuild  and euro gears seem to work well!
Rick G

Coil Coyle

I put the pictures that Lori and I took on Photoshare.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/uH2sG9cc?

Rick G, email me yours and I will add them to the file.

coil
Note: in the ALBUM tab you can download any picture.

Mutt

Coil, thanks for posting the picture SHOW. That was fun to watch. And to think just two years ago I lived close enough that I could  have joined your group on the ride. Oh well I guess I'll just have to stick to the boring old "Tail of the Dragon" ride  in the NC mountains (sarcasim).

Life is good!

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

glennw

Thanks Coil,
I just got to relive the whole thing all over again! ;D ;D
GlennW
Half Mad Max