News:

Main Menu

Saw a Vision on Rt. 93

Started by Sable, July 31, 2005, 07:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sable

Yesterday afternoon (around 5:30 or so).. I was traveling south on Rt. 93 from New Hampshire into Mass.

I was going about 80 mph (keeping up with traffic ;D) and I saw a square headlight coming up on my left in the high speed lane. I noticed that it was an older model bike. When it passed me (like I was standing still), it was a Yamaha Vision! This is the first time in 4 years that I have owned mine that I have seen another Vision on the road.

And to see one going 80+ mph and sounding like it was running perfect and dodging in and out of traffic was just plain AWESOME. Thecondition of the bike was not the best (it was painted Yamaha blue and looked like it was just cleaned up from being oxidized), but to have one running so well left me feeling jealous (still need to get the starter clutch fix done on mine, and rebuild the starter because it's filled with oil).

My question is was it someone on this board that was riding this Vision? If so, kudos on a sweet running bike!!! I noticed that the Vision got off of Rt. 93 at exit 42 (not sure what town).

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Lucky

That would be somewhere around Tewksbury, maybe Andover.  I have a friend who had an 83 (Glens Low milage in the gallery) who sold his 83 last year, haven't see or heard from it since. they were just west of Boston, but it probably wasn't that bike, that 83 was nearly perfect...I know, i've ridden it...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

jasonm.

Sable, you make like 80+mph is amazing??? Mine is solid all the way to 110 and gets there rather quickly. I have done some minor mods to the frame. But still the engine is stock.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Sable

Well, I got my m/c license at the end of last season and still have yet to attend the basic rider's course. I only have put about 100 miles max on it, local riding only at speeds no faster than 30 mph. I want to get to the course before I go out on a major highway.
     It was not just the 80+ mph that was amazing, it was the first time since I got my Vision that I have seen another running Vision on the road more than anything.

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

MrMe

I know what your talking about.
Last week i was doing some work on mine and i left a vacume line off the v stalled and i ran the bat dead crancking. Well a guy from the neiborhood is walking by and says to me. Hey is that a vision ? I was like wow a guy who knows what bike this is  ? He than says I have one also.....
I couldn't beleive it . There is another V just two blocks away.
I start heading home and he pulls up on it. And what a bike looks like it came off the show room floor. I was jelious and awe struck at the same time.
Brian

jasonm.

Sable,    I did not know you were a new rider.  I thought most were like me. Remember these wonderful bikes when they came out. But at the time stayed with what I had. Which was bigger(Suzi GS650). I know now, the Vision is/was a better bike. I hope to stock pile enough part to never having to worry about crashing it.  YES, take the course as soon as you can...it's good for beginners. I took the advanced course a few times on my Venture. But they may be changing all the couses. I hear MSF is trying to bully the states into changing things.  I also suggest getting your permit and going to a deserted parting lot to get a handle on the limits of the front and rear brakes.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

YellowJacket!

My next door neighbor said "hey, you're rebuilding a SECA."  Explained that it was a Vision.
Taking MSF this weekend...Then I can ride legally.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

MotorPlow

Hey, I used to own a Suzuki GS650E - Great bike.

Sable

Jason,

I am a relatively new rider, I have more experience on dirt bikes, ATV's and snowmobiles. I use to have a 1975 Kawasaki H-1, but I only put 34 miles on the bike before the engine seized up... and that was 10 years ago.
     The only reason I got the Vision was because it ran and it was $225. After I got it running, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker