News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

I'm Back!

Started by VisionVince, August 10, 2005, 11:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionVince

I owned a new Vision back in '82 and had a fondness for it.? Several years ago I bought a Black '82 that looks like an '83 except for single brake disc. (its in the gallery)
A year ago last winter I was diagnosed with Parkinson's which interferes with balance.? So I reluctantly sold all I had, but kept the Vision.? Didn't think it would bring much and it was sentimental.? I also thought meybe my mid-twenties son may want to ride it.? He didn't so it hasn't been ridden since maybe winter of '03.
It's a beauty, black and gold, Spec II exhaust. I found a brand new tank on ebay back then with a big dent, but pristine inside.? Had a body shop fix it, lined it so I have no tank worries.?
I tried a small convertible, but its just not the same.? So I explored other options and come up with an '86 Suzook Cavalcade with California sidecar.? Wish I hadn't waited so long to find sidecars, put lotsa miles with no concern for balance.? The sidecar buffs are great (as are Visioneers).? But the upshot is with my present medication I am close to symptom free, and this weekend got the Vision out for a ride, then again Monday and today.? My parking lot manuvers are still a little shakey, and I am tensing up and not letting it flow, but the over ten mph balance is great. I am really happy to be back.? So I went looking for the old Riders of Vision and low and behold you are still there.? And a lot of the old names (my VisionVince is the Yahoo handle I use for the Cavalcade and Sidecar groups.)? So. I look forward to coming back.? I wasn't really that far away.
Vince Wright, Nebraska.
(anybody ever heard of a Sidecar on a Vision?)

smknjoe1964

Hey VisionVince ! Great to hear your doing good !!! Im just getting my Vision together . Been riding for over 20 years , but just recently came across my 82 vision . Maybe see you in the wind sometime ! Im just down here in Wichita KS !

h2olawyer

Vince -

Sorry to hear of the diagnosis but glad you're getting it under control.  Welcome back!  ;D  Have looked at the photos in the gallery numerous times.  Good looking Vision & how did you like that Turbo Seca?  (Is that Cabela's in the background?)

What part of Nebraska are you in?  I'm in Ft. Collins, CO.  Have good friends on a ranch outside Scottsbluff & get up there every so often.  Looks like we could start thinking about a midwest get-together.  There are at least five or six of us in the Colorado / Nebraska / Kansas area.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

VisionVince

Fort Collins!  It's a beautiful city.  I have a brother living at Greeley.  Yes, the Turbo Seca was awsome...it really was a rush, really hated to give it up.  The building behind is the Archway over the interstate at Kearney, where I live.  I have a photography business in there.  If you pass under, stop and I'll buy you lunch.  I would be really interested in a gathering of area Visions.  Stories about my original with Invader fairing, Krauser bags and trunk, loaded with camping stuff and one of the kids, its a wonder I didn't get into serious overload problems.
Thanks for the reply.
Vince in Nebraska

Walt_M.

Welcome Vince and best wishes for your recovery. Riding may be the best therapy. As for a sidecar on a Vision, why not?
Whale oil beef hooked!

RussD

Speaking of the gallery pix.........So what does a Vision have in common with the Seca?
2005 Governor Cup Champion Toledo Mudhens

Lloyd Cooper.........the best coach a Michigan opponent could ask for!

'82 Vision (Sold???)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572170463
'98 Honda Blackbird/CBR 1100XX

h2olawyer

I know of several things but I'll let it go for a while & see what others know.  I will start with the easiest - They were both made only for the 1982 & 1983 model years.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Superfly

Did a very successful front end swap from the upperclamps, triple tree, to the forks.? (wanted to use different handlebars as an experiment)? the front forks are bigger, so you have to swap out the clamps & triple tree (which compensates for the Vision's "trailing axle") and places the front tire in appx. the same location as the stock location.

the Seca front tire is a 19" where the vision is an 18"

The rear tire works very well, and can handle a 130 (have it on my black bike)

handlebar switches, master cylinder, entire front brake system is the same as the 83 Vision.?

the dual front rotors work well with the vision rims / 83 brake system.

that is my .02
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.