News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

what is your gas mileage?

Started by thekid, January 16, 2005, 11:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekid

mines 25-30 mpg right now and it dont seem right......           Had the bike running for one season and it has been the same since I first started riding it so i have nothing to compare to.
Ride It Like You Stole It!

jasonm.

Overall mine on both bikes is 40-45. But I have seen close to 50mpg on my '83 when just going on the back roads at 50-60mph.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Superfly

I use the freeways alot, and most of it is on the 14 freeway in Los Angeles, cruising at 85 - 90 with the full fairing, I can go about 135 miles (part freeways, part surface streets, in morning & evening rush hour traffc) without hitting the reserve.  I am satisfied!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

yamaha405

I get poor gas mileage right now, but i think it is because it had been sitting for almost 20 years, and it just needs riddin some more. i havent actually been able to go out on the main road either yet, only up and down my road, so that may have something to do with it too.

Lucky

sure will, these things suck gas at idle.  when i was rebuilding vision carbs, I would run every one on my own bike, and all that time testing & tuning on the bike ate gas like it was free! lol.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

I get about 50 miles per gallon.  Not sure why, but hey, I'll go with it :-)  Of course I don't cruise at 80, I tend to cruise at about 65 here.

Brian

VK

I get low 40's in mpg, and that is when I am babying the bike.  Have always been disappointed with this, so would be delighted to hear any suggestions fellow Vision owners may have for increasing the bike's fuel efficiency!

VK

Glyn Pickering

Hi there

First fill up on my XZ with the Weber carb conversion. Averaged 47mpg with town/ traffic commute type riding.
Av speed prob about ony about 40 mph however. Lots of stop/start stuff tho'

Regards

Glyn

hfarley

Want a laugh? I get 3 miles to the tank right now. LOL! :P I am just kidding! ;D I filled her up and then only drove a total of 3 miles so right now that's all I can say I get. I will let you know once I get out on the road more.
-Heather :D
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

jasonm.

Late last year once did 165 miles. Had not turned on reserve. Bike took just 3.5 gallons = 47mpg. I guess I was about to hit reserve. ?All of my riding is hiway and back roads ...no stop and go commuting. With neither Vision having any "flat spot" in the carburation. I just put it in 5th gear once I hit 45-50mph. And they pull smooth in 5th from less than 40mph. As long as the tach is above 3000. 5th is where it stays. I guess that's how I get the good mileage.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules