Useable parts from another bike?

Started by crackerkorean, August 18, 2005, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerkorean

http://xsrider.atspace.com/bikes/seca400.html
I came across this to see what the tank looked like.
Can we use parts from the SECA on our bikes?

These are the parts I am more intrested in than anything else.
Gas Tank
Wheels
Forks
Did any model of these come with dual disc brakes?
Rear shock any come with the 83 type?

h2olawyer

The tank is smaller by about a gallon.  It is also slightly different shape.  Rear wheel has chain drive.  Not sure if it can be converted.  With a 130/80-18, it is a wider rim, too.  Don't know about any other parts.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Superfly

If you try to use the forks (I did off of a Seca Turbo) use the whole fork system, triple trees, everything.? The 82 turbo's forks are 1-2 mm bigger than the Visions, they will not fit into the triple tree.? So what I did is swap out the entire front end.? The Turbo does not have the trailing axle, so to fork stabilizers are a little further back than the visions, so it puts the wheel in appx. the same location.? It rode good, I was happy with the swap.? The turbo has standard handle bars, not bolt-ons, so the feel is different.? but the entire front end will slide right into the Vision frame.? I am not sure about the width of the 400 though.

As far as the gas tank goes, I am not sure.? Our tanks look HUGE because of that big' ol airbox underneath it, and might be tough to set the tank because of that.

The front rim is an 18, the seca turbo was a 19, so the rim might be the same as a stock vision rim.

The seca turbo had a dual front disk brake setup.? I used that on the bike below.? the whole front end is a Seca Turbo.

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.