News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Racing Vision

Started by Glyn Pickering, February 02, 2005, 01:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyn Pickering

Hi all

Was just wondering how much is known about that racing Vision I once saw. Can't remember where now. I think it was the one with chain conversion.

What was done to the bike to make it quicker / better handling? Was it ever competative? Was also wondering - longer term if the  Vee motor can be tuned a little, maybe bigger valves / gas flowed etc. Anyone ever been down that track with worthwhile results?

Regards

Glyn

Blake

hey glyn,

you must be thinking of john clemens racer
http://www.ghetti.net/rov/Gallery/gallery.html
about half way down on the right.

he used to hang around here a few years ago, but if i remember correctly, he had it bored or stroked (maybe both?) and had the engine punched out to either 650, or 750cc.  but im sure he definately had a lot more mods to the engine as he raced quite competitively.  as for the frame, im pretty sure its a FZR frame that he most definately modified.  quite a big project that undoubtedly cost $$$. but definately well worth it for the rigors he put it through.

as for down the track, i took my 82 down the drag strip a few years back and faired pretty good actually.  if i remember right i did right around 13 seconds (what the road test data says)  was a nice cool day and i flipped the stock 82 bars over (had to cut a notch in the ends of the bars..so that it was a basic inverse of  the bars..but going down, so i was basically laying on the tank.  seemed to help on the wind.  Im quite interested to see how the bike will fare once i put the euro primary gear in and finish jetting for my free flow exhaust.  but that wont be until it warms up here in the blue ridge mountains of VA

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."