News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Luggage Rack

Started by SJB, September 05, 2005, 04:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJB

I was wondering if anyone knows of a luggage rack that would fit on the '82 Vision.? If so, do you know where I could locate one or know of anyone that would be interested in selling one?? ?

h2olawyer

If you hurry, there's a set of NOS rack sides for the Vision on eBay right now.  Auction ends Monday, September 5 at 15:14:04 Pacific time.

You would need to come up with a top plate of some type.  I was considering getting it & putting a piece of diamond plate aluminum on it & painting the whole works black.  Decided to stick with my trusty old soft luggage instead, especially now that I got a decent trunk bag from a friend.

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572207512&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A112

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

QBS

This is an excellent rack with great flexibility for accepting creativity regarding the top platform.  Have had one on my '83 since '84.  Go to your local juck yard for top platform options.  IMHO this is the best of all the V rack systems.  It is designed to work with a really neat sliding adjustable back rest option that I also have.  For camping/touring it can't be beat.  Put your sleeping bag in front of the back rest, adjust for your back rest needs.  The result is 2 ft. of flat space behind the back rest on which to load the kitchen sink.  This system is a critical key componet for turning the V into the really excellent sport tourer it can so easily be.  Cheers.

YellowJacket!

SJB ,

I have a luggage rack that I'm not going to use.? Its chrome and a little tarnished and rusty but nothing that can't be cleaned up or primed and painted to match your bike.
I'll take some pics tomrrow and send them to you.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

SJB

Thanks to both of you for the information regarding the rack available on Ebay.  Unfortunately, I missed that so if you are aware of others, please let me know. 

Steve

QBS

The bidding ended with no buyer.  Contact the seller and make an offer of at least $25.00 and you'll probably get it.  At NOS condition that would be s steal.  Cheers.

Pojo

has anyone ever fabricated a luggage rack?