News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Whheeeee!!

Started by hfarley, September 06, 2005, 10:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

I am finally starting to explore the roads around my area at night (Less people on the road) and all I can say is WHEEEE! I may not be going very fast, and I may be a little new but boy being out on the road with the little bit of wind that one can get going at 35mph (lol!) brings back that rush that I used to get on the back of my dads goldwing. I don't know why I waited so long to get a bike. LOL!
;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

YellowJacket!

Heather,

I share your sentiments exactly.  I have thoroughly enjoyed riding my bike over the last few weeks.  Temps here in Tennessee are starting to get mild, so I dont mind much wearing my riding gear now.  If it wasn't for the face shield on my helmet, My teeth would be full of bugs since I have been smiling so much.
Just wish my wife shared the same enthusiasm for my vision as you have for yours.  ;)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

squid

I too know the feeling,,,its getting cooler up here, in the 60's at night, but still a blast touring around,,,i love riding,,,and out here 5 minutes out of the city and country roads galore,,,cant wait to go again tomorrow ;D

hfarley

I am laughing at the comment about the bugs. You see when I rode on my dads bike I always sat behind him and he also had a fairing for his bike. I didn't really get to experience the whole bug issue until now. Last night while I was riding I got to eat my first bug. Boy was that gross. I didn't have my face shield down and I got to pick bug guts out of my braces last night after the ride. On a good note though, at least I got some extra protein for the day right?  :P LOL! I think one of my next purchases will be a windshield for the bike too. I am picturing those cold nights when I will still want to ride and a windshield would really help. Hopefully I will be able to get out to ride again tonight. I am trying to get out every night for a few minutes at least to better my skills at riding. (At least that is what I tell my husband. :P  ;) ) LOL!
-Heather

Paul_Jungnitsch

Mosquitos don't taste like anything, the only time I ever got a big bug hit right in the teeth I remember it tasting like butterscotch, which I was surprised by.? :D? Maybe they were onto something in the 'Lion King'.

squid

well i cant how mosquitos taste, but may flies are not to gross lol,,,,but the 2 worst things about the bugs are,,,getting hit in the neck by a junebug at 70mph,,i had a few choice words lol,,,and when my visor was up on a warm night, a bee got caught in the top of the helmet and he got pissed off in a hurry,,i must have looked like a goof slapping the and shaking the helmet tryin to kill him before he stung me,,,,i didnt succeed >:( but one one the joys of riding ;D

YellowJacket!

I got hit in the chest by a 00 buckshot er...um I mean really large moth the other morning on my way to work.  It was just below the neckline so it hit my riding jacket...now I know one of the reasons that they are padded.  ;D

Bugs...High in protien, low in carbs.   MMMM, must be good for you then.

I think mosquitos are bleghhhh

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

watch out for bats at night, apparently the wine of the motor at some frequencys sound like mosquetos.. ricoched one off  the top of my helmet last year (before i got the new HJC thank god!) what a bloody mess that was! any lower & it would have hit the visor....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

hfarley

Bats? Now that is one I hadn't heard of before. I have the Mac pipes on my bike so they are louder than the regular pipes I am told. Hopefully I won't run into any bats on my nightly rides, although that would just fit into my husbands little joke he has about my bike. He and now his friends too are calling my Vision the Batcycle. They call me Bat Girl and then they ask if I can see the Bat Signal. They have even gone out in the backyard with a flashlight and shone it in the air telling me the commisioner was calling me. Needless to say I now have a huge poster of the Bat Symbol on the garage wall and several Batman memorabilia pieces have made there way onto my workbench. There has also been talk of getting one of those vinyl decals made for the bike of the bat symbol and a possible mount for the front of the bike so that I can put a Bat Girl figure on the bike itself.  I don't know how I get myself into these things. LOL!  ::)
-Heather

Lucky

Can we see you in the leather Batgirl outfit???

(now you've done it! youy'll never live this down.. i guess it makes us even for the pink vision.)

Oh, & i found you a new avitar, lol

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Now that is a true Vision!!!  ;D
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Riche

hfarley

Oh boy, now I've gone and done it. LOL! Ok so maybe I will have to get that vinyl graphic for the side of my bike.

And no I don't have a Bat girl outfit but that would make a great halloween costume. hmmmm.... LOL!

Something tells me you guys aren't going to let this one go so easily. And Lucky by all rights you owe me for the pink bike and the teddy bear. LOL! My husband likes the avitar. Now if only I had the body like the doll.... HEHEHE!
-Heather

Jimmy C.

Well, you should know that the original 1966 batcycle was a Yamaha. And the fairing looks just like an exagerrated version of the vision's!

hfarley

I should learn to keep my mouth shut. LOL! I told my husband this and now that just added more fuel to the fire. Somehow I foresee a lot more ribbing coming my way. LOL!

Jimmy C.

If you can steer the thread in another direction, you can be catwoman. Catwoman had a whip.

Or you can do what I did, and light your head on fire so your friends call you ghost rider.