News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

What else don't I know about my bike?

Started by gmac, September 11, 2005, 02:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmac

Question for all you visionaries out there, what variations was the Vision availalble as?

I always thought the '82's came in multiple colors (black, blue, red, ??) and the '83's were all black and gold with the factory fairing and gold stripes on the tank.  Now I see this '82 on Ebay with a grey fairing with the gold stripes.  I assume the fairing was either a late '82 option or an add on?  Were all '83's black with the fairing?

Thanks.

Gary

h2olawyer

Gary -

In the US, the 82s were available in Black, Brilliant Red and Star Silver.  In late 82, they began a promotion to try & sell more Vs.  They offered three fairings - two small sport style & the full fairing.  The late 82 fairings were color matched to the bikes.  Like an idiot, I turned down the full fairing when I got mine & opted for the shark style fairing & engine case guards instead.  The full fairing kit I was offered came with the shorter risers & cables, like the 83 has.  As I recall, it would have added about $900 to the price (I paid $1300 for mine new, in June, 1984).  The case guards & shark fairing were around $200 at the time.

US 83's were all black & gold with the full fairing, slightly better forks, rear shock, brakes, fuel system, carbs & a fuel gauge.  There were also a couple minor engine internal changes.  (Don't remember exactly what at the moment.)

There also was an optional tail rack & sissy bar available in the early 80s.

That bike on eBay looks like a good one to me.  Wish I lived closer & had some extra $$ floating around.

Hope this answers most of your questions.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.