News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Looks Like I sold the V today........

Started by RussD, September 12, 2005, 02:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RussD

Met with a guy today. Used to have one 10 years ago & loved it......wants another. Gave me $200 deposit, and the rest over the next few weeks. Finally........One less headache to worry about? ?;)

Now.......Anyone want to buy a 1992 Ford Aerostar?!?? ? ;D
2005 Governor Cup Champion Toledo Mudhens

Lloyd Cooper.........the best coach a Michigan opponent could ask for!

'82 Vision (Sold???)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572170463
'98 Honda Blackbird/CBR 1100XX

MotorPlow

Ha! I have two Ford Aerostars. One a 1997 and one a 1992 parts van.  I just replaced the entire rear end in the 97 with the one from the 92.  The 92 still has a good engine with only 10K miles on it.  My 97 now has 165,000 miles on it and still going strong.  This past summer, I went all over the East coast with it, from VA to VT to NY to MD and back to VA.  It actually gets pretty good gas mileage for something that has the areodynamics of a barn.  Why are you selling yours?

RussD

Typical Aerostar........bottom quarters are all rusted off all along the bottom....Literally. There's nothing left down there. You're right though.....motor still runs like a champ. 140,000 miles and running strong! Wish I could take that motor and put it in my wifes' '95 Olds.......no rust........then I'd have a great car!!? ? ;D

Got a new to us '00 GMC full size conversion van back at Christmas before we took the kids to Disney. We love it.......best trip we ever had. Room to move around, kids weren't on top of each other etc.
Got the V-6, so it actually gets better hwy mileage than the Aerostar. Around 20-21 on the hwy, but it EATS gas around town!!? ?:-\? ?Everyone thought I was crazy at the time getting a V-6 in that big a van, but I knew these gas prices were eventually gonna start going up again, and didn't want to be held hostage by a V8. It's gone from costing me $50 to $75 to fill it up!!? ? :o

That's why I love your avitar MotorPlow!!!? I got that email too. Have you seen the one that says "Arm" & "Leg"??

'82 Vision (Sold???)

MotorPlow

Yes, I have seen the "Arm & Leg" one.  Funny.  Neither of my Areostars have any rust on them.  The parts van has 124,000 and no rust either.  Of course the parts van has no rear end and no transmission, but heck, thats why it's the parts van.

RussD

You musta got two of the Special Edition "Non Rusting" ones!!? ? :P? Most of them I see, especially now that they're not made anymore & are getting older, have rust along that lower quarter panel/rocker panel. I've heard from multiple sources over the years it had something to do with a drainage/design problem. Maybe they got their design from Yamaha's Vision gas tank!!? ? ;D

'82 Vision (Sold???)

admin

Aerostars ?  "the van from hell" is what my family called it while we owned it.
I was soooo....  happy to get rid of it.   2 engines, 2 transmissions etc. etc.
the only good thing I will say about it is that it got my family in one piece from
mass.  to disneyworld and back.  mine was an 86 Xtra large turd (XLT)
lol

-Ron

RussD

WOW.........you know it's bad when Ron actually chimes in!!     :o   :D

Mine's the Xtra Large Turd as well Ron. Fortunately for me, she still runs like brand new. Had to replace the valve cover gaskets a few years back, and a very expensive $200 radiator hose, but other than that she's been maintenance free THANKFULLY!!   

'82 Vision (Sold???)