I'm making progress!!

Started by hfarley, September 11, 2005, 10:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

Well tonight I got out after finishing up the brakes, tires, and making sure the hoses were properly connected to the airbox. I needed to test everything out so I went for a nice long (well long for me) ride. I went the farthest that I have ever gone tonight and the fastest too. Now no laughing here but I went all of 25 miles total tonight and got up to 55mph. Its not that great of speed or distance but boy was that fun! Although now I see how benificial a fairing would be. You do really get pushed back with the wind the faster that you go. But it still felt great riding down a pretty major road here in my area. I am going to attempt to ride to work tomorrow. That should be a blast!!
-Heather ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

h2olawyer

Great, Heather - glad you're finally getting out & about & becoming a true Rider of Vision!  Sure beats Fixer of Vision, doesn't it?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

Bet you can't wait to ride it somewhere where someone who knows you will see, huh? (unless your in your batwoman costume...)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

hfarley

LOL when you are right Lucky you are right. I tried to take her to work today to show her off. Well I should have known it wouldn't be that easy. LOL! As I am sitting at a light I stalled out. Totally my fault-DOH! Well I tried to start her up again and no luck. I ended up having to push her up a hill into a parking lot and waiting for AAA to come and tow me home. I think it is a realy simple issue though. She clicks likes she wants to turn over but no juice. I think my brand new battery is bad. It didn't charge last night. She did start a bit hard this morning but it was kind of cool out. I am going to take the battery back tonightand exchange it and hope for the best.  You should have seen the fog that was coming out of my helmet as I was pushing my bike across two lanes of highway while dodging cars. LOL! TA least it was an interesting morning. and it made my work day go faster. LOL!
;)
-Heather

h2olawyer

Nothing beats starting the day with a good round of calisthenics!  Glad you are keeping in good humor about it.  That fog didn't happen to be tinged with a slight "blue" tint, did it?   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Yeah,

I rode mine to work today.  Finally worked with the guy that gave it to me.  I bragged all day about how good it runs.  So we go out to the parking lot after work and I attempt to start her up and instead, I wake up the darn vision gremlins...she won't start.
Well, I come up with the ol' excuse about it sitting in the sun all day and play with the choke, gently twist the throttle and up she goes.
Sat there idling for a minute and died.  Started her up again and let her rev a bit and finally smooth steady idle.
So, in the end, he decided that he hated giving it up and said it sounded better than he remembered.

I rode her home and she did great.

I know how you and everyone feels heather.  Once you get it running and get to ride it, its great.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

hfarley

I just wish she wouldn't be such a tease. I have had her for almost a year now and have yet to ride her to work. It seems just as I get one thing fixed I find another thing that needs work. LOL! Well at least I am getting to know this bike from the inside out. Not to mention all of my garage clothes now smell like oil, gas, and other assorted chemicals. LOL! Nothing says loving like coming in from the gargae all smelly, sweaty, and greasy to get a big ole hug from my man wanting to know if the comissioner has called for me yet.  ;)
-Heather

squid

When i first started riding my vision, i too thought the wind was horrible and i needed a fairing and and windshield too,,but after riding for awhile your body starts to use more of your upper body mussels and now i dont have that feeling at all,,,i have had my bike up to 170km/hr (i dont know what how many mph that is but its fast lol) and the wind didnt pull this lanky guy off,,,but the beginning of a tank slapper sure scared the ya know what out of me  ;)