I've done an awful thing

Started by vavision, January 05, 2006, 08:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vavision

I got the an 81 Yamaha xs400 for the g/f to learn on. Then I picked up a kawasaki 81 KZ 650 to customize for a graduation present. I just bought a good 85 honda magna V30 to customize for myself.

Anyway- it seemed like I had too much invested in motorcycles and my conscience (g/f) told me that I should probably sell one. So I put the Vision on craigslist for $900.

I didn't think I would get responses but they are pouring in.

Don't worry though, I've decided that if the offer for $1200 doesn't go through tonight, then I'll consider it sold... back to me... still can you believe that people are coming out the woodwork to buy an 82 vision with bad paint and surface rust for $900 and up! Unfortunately for the selling part of Ste- the vision owner pride part of Ste is getting over inflated.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Blake

haha.

I just saw that ad.  was wondering who it was.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

vavision

Blake-

I've never seen another Vision, only in picture form or hopefully assuming the bike in the distance is one. Since you're up by me until you go back to school we should take a trip around the block together. I'd love to see another 550.

BTW, a guy offered me $1000 for it, but I couldn't take it. I don't know what it is but I hopped on the bike for a final ride last night and got off not wanting to sell it. Still, it was kind of cool. I can't wait to see if I get offers when I paint it. I'm going yellow and grey, or blue and grey. It's going to be crazygonuts.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Blake

Thats good to hear you decided to keep it.  ;D

I went through the same thing a few years ago when i first started school.. parents yelled that i had to get rid of all (5 or 6 i think it was) bikes out of their house..  well..needless to say, they all went except for the vision.  Even now i cant bring myself to sell it. 

Unfortunately I left my bike down in blacksburg for the winter.  Theres just no place for me to store it up here anymore.   Perhaps this spring if your not busy you could take a trip down to Deals gap with us :)

I painted my bike blue and an aluminum 2 years ago.  Tried to go for a yamaha blue/racing stripe down the center.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bstoddar/sidevision.jpg

Like all of my paintjobs, I can thank the kind people at home depot for the spray paint  ;D   Unfortunately this fall the fumes finally got to the paint around my gas cap (has a crack in it so the fumes were a lot)  anyway..after filling the tank up too much and taking turns with too much lean.  the right side of the paint wasnt all that great.and there was some bare metal showing.. so to try and save the metal i just sprayed over it to protect it.

With my next paint job I'm really leaning to some paint on truck bed liner   ;)  Apparantly it resists gas and everything.. then i wont have to worry about scratches anymore :)

But next time i bring the bike up i'll definately have to come drop by.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."