News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

'06 Kawasaki ZZR1400

Started by RussD, September 18, 2005, 10:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RussD

This info/pix was posted on the Blackbird forum I hang out on. Someone ripped it from some other website. Supposedly Kawasaki made them take the pix down 'cause they're having production delays.

There were more pix, but now they're just coming up as red X's on our website for some reason, so I couldn't bring them over here to show you guys right now. The front headlights are in one of those pix and seem to be the styling cue inspiring the most debate. 4 headlights plus turn sigs all side by side.......kinda looks like a grin, or a bunch of eyes. Those louvers on the side under the fuel tank seem to be the other source of conversation. Supposed to be the arrival of the Busa Beater.........

Kawasaki has claimed that the new ZZR1400 is the most powerful Kawasaki ever and also the most powerful road bike ever. They have done so without providing us with the full specs, but with the ZX12R in mind we believe Kawasaki speaks the truth. The ZX12R has got 185bhp and the rumours from earlier this year spoke of 192bhp for the new ZZR. Expect monster torque from the new 1.352cc motor. It develops 10kgm of torque already at 2.000rpm and just continues through a wide rev-range. According to Kawasaki there is a delightful kick after 6 (000rpm) as well. The speedo is graded to 190mph. Bore x stroke is: 84x61mm. Kawasaki states that the ZZR1400 marks the start of a new engine generation...

Kawasaki's new flagship (spaceship) model features an evolved aluminium monocoque frame from the ZX12R. Even though the new hyper-tourer looks rounded and bulky Kawasaki claim it is almost as narrow as the 12R. Engineers have made sure there is a good balance between sports riding and high speed motorway work. The air box is located in the frame (as on the 12R) and the fuel is stored in the rear of the fuel tank that continues under the seat (between your legs basically) We have not been told what capacity the fuel tank is yet, but Kawasaki has mentioned a large volume fuel tank in their press release.

The wheelbase on the new ZZR1400 is shorter than ZZR1200 but longer than ZX12R.

V-tail light is distinctive.

Direct activated shift lever rather than linked for more direct feel.

You only get the under cowl in front of the rear wheel if you opt out of having a centre stand. ZZR1400 is long and low with minimal drag. ZZR1400 has new wheels with centre ribs which are slightly offset so that tyre balance weights can be located at the wheels centreline. This is important for stability at extreme speeds.

Other details:

-ABS will be available.

-310mm petal brake discs with radial 4 pot calliper front and 250mm 2-pot rear brake. They are Nissin's which is a bit of a surprise (Kawasaki tend to use Tokico) It will be the very first bike with radial Nissin ABS brakes. That should stop the beast.

-Hydraulic clutch.

-Tyres: 120/70-ZR17 front and 190/50-ZR17 rear.

-Pillion seat cover available as shown further above on the red bike.

2005 Governor Cup Champion Toledo Mudhens

Lloyd Cooper.........the best coach a Michigan opponent could ask for!

'82 Vision (Sold???)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572170463
'98 Honda Blackbird/CBR 1100XX

louthepou

See, although it would be great to test drive this on a desert road, my Vision has something this Kawi is missing. When I'm traveling at 80 mph on my Vision, I have the feeling I'm going fast. I like that feeling.

On the Kaxi (or Hayabusa or Gixxer or whatever), I can't really feel the same thing until I approach speeds that can quickly morph into:
1. Loss of riding license
2. Loss of third dimension (when hitting a cliff)
3. Loss of body unity (parts becoming seperated)

I owned an 84 FJ1100 way back, it was the gentleman express of its days, and already it was impossible to stick to anything remotely close to legal speeds while having a bit of fun.

Long live my slow, ill-handling, poor-braking Vision...  ;D

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Riche

Yea Lou even 80mph will get you a citation.

I like my Vision too  :) The ride doesn't have to be the fastest to be enjoyed.

btw I'm a big Kawasaki fan. They build the motors.  8) If any of you rode the 500 triple when it first came out you know what I mean. You could feel the frame flex in most turns but oh what a rush when it was streight with the throttle on. ;D I t sure was something in the early 70's. It's nothing compared to todays bikes but neither were the GP bikes back then. Every machine has to be compared to it's comtemporaries.

RussD

Here's the pix of the front end I was tellin' you about, plus a few others my buddy & I found today.........

'82 Vision (Sold???)

zore

The new Triumph daytona 675 is also peaking my interest with that I3.  That should be a "hoot".
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

RussD

1300 cc you mean??  Are they sticking with a 3 cylinder and still achieving that? I'd heard they were going back to 3 bangers 'cause that's their niche' and were tired of trying to compete with the Japs straight up

'82 Vision (Sold???)

zore

No it will be 675 cc I3 to compete against the 600cc I4's.  They didn't do such a great job with their 600 and they needed a 650 to even come to competing against the big 4.   I think this is going to be the ticket.  I've always hated small displacement I4's because of the way they deliver power.  If this 675 I3 is anything like my 955, it should sell great.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

RussD

Now I got 'ya.........duhhh. I was reading the I3 as 13.......thinking the "I" was a one, and thinking you meant 1300 or something   ???   Honest........my hooked on phonics tapes are on the way      ;D

'82 Vision (Sold???)

Rick G

Sorry , if its a Kwaker   its crap!!!  I worked on the H1 tripples in 1969/70. if you looked under the tank at night you saw sparks  jumping to ground and between wires , they finally did away with the  CDI  ignition and went back to points ! The forks shuddered badly under hard braking because the  fork bushings had 8 to 10 thousanths  clearance .  The siezed  cylinders indescrimanatly  because the were applying to much pressure  to the cylinders during final honing , so they were out of round and tapered .  They handled poorly because the frame was bascily a 350 avenger frame  and was over powered  by  the H1's 60 hp.

Iv'e worked on later Kwakers too there all crap , your welcome to them !
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

Wow - don't hold back, Rick - tell us what you really think!  ;)  Other than the first couple years of GPZ 550 & GPZ 750, I've never really wanted a Kaw street bike.  Took my MC license test on a GPZ 550.  Passed easily & I'd only had about 10 minutes of practice on it before taking the exam.  Very easy to ride.

I liked my old '80 KDX 175, though.  That Uni-Track suspension was great on the trails & since it was an enduro rather than a motocrosser, the powerband wasn't nearly as high strung as most smaller displacement 2-strokes.  Also had a front disc brake - early for the dirt / trail bikes.  Put three good years & about 3000 miles on it without a single mechanical problem.  Was still solid & running great when I sold it to buy the V.  Wouldn't want another one.  Need more CCs!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Coil Coyle

Rick,
? ? ? ?I remember Ron McCoys' brother had one of the 500's. It had been Hot Rodded by a local racer before Don got it. You could "hear" his ignition on your stereo before you could hear his exhaust!
A second gear "roll on" and I was in a wheelie while fishtailing on foggy pavement. I just putted back to his Dads garage, parked it and waited a month before I rode it on a sunny day.
I never wanted to ride anything with more motor than that,? :o? and I still don't.? ;) I might like those headlights across the ape hangers on my bobber, tho. ;D
coil

Junior

Just the insurance rate on a 1400cc sports class bike in my state would be unreal.