NEROV Ride SUCCESS!!!

Started by zore, October 29, 2005, 06:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

Good time, that's for sure.  I hope everyone make it home in one piece, or atleast turned back to pick up the pieces they lost.  Damn are my fingers cold.   ;D
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionaryDan

I made it in one piece. The old girl ran great all the way home held her at about 65-70mph. But I too was a bit numb when I pulled into the garage.

I can't wait to see the pictures. Heather how did you hold up?

Dan

zore

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

I am hhhhooooommmmee! LOL! Just a tad cold but I made it! Thank you guys for the great experience today of riding in a group and finding some twisties! Here are some pictures to start. I will post more later.
-Heather
PS- I need to get some better gloves. My fingers were frozen when I pulled into my garage. LOL!

Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

zore

Pics aren't showing up. 

I would however like to play "what did we learn today?"

I learned that you never want to get into a hide and seak match with heather.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

zore

Odd,? something isn't allowing the redirects.? If I click on the red x and get the url, then paste the url in the browser, it works fine.

It was a 220 mile day for me.  I looked at ride time, but I don't recall.

I'm in awe at how well the XZR550RRR F82 ran today.  No coolant or oil puking out the side.  No road side electrical repairs.  It was a good day indeed.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

supervision

Congratulations on your get-together!  Thanks for the photos, good to see more running Visions!!!   I like your "XZR550RRR F82"  nick-name, Zore     Heather,  it's been fun reading your adventures of wrenching your bike, and now the succes of riding it.    Supervision
" border="0

h2olawyer

Great pics!  Cool to see one of each color V available in US in 1982, all in the same photo.  Cool weather riding does require some heavier gloves for sure.  A neck gaiter or better yet, a balaclava really helps, too.  Glad y'all had a safe, fun ride.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

zore

Full stats

220.3 miles
47.6mph riding average
33.4 over all averg speed
83.4 Max Speed
4.36.44 riding tome
1.57.50 stopping time
6.34.34 total time

The stopped time is probably a bit higher as I shut it off during lunch.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

hfarley

If you can't see the pictures you can go to my blog site and see them there. I forget to set the trip when I left my house so when I got home it said 204 miles. I am sure it was a little bit longer than that though for me if yours Zore was 220.  I had such a good time and was so happy that my bike had no issues (well minus the one time of not wanting to start which Zore helped me out with) Other than that it was nice riding the rest of the way. I quite enjoyed the road that went up and down. You guys didn't hear me but I was hooting and hollering the whole time and I had this sort of perma grin. LOL!  ;D ;D ;D I am a bit sore in the shoulders today but it was well worth it. And now I have a good idea of how to put my rack on my bike. (Thanks VisionaryDan)  We have to get together again and the more the merrier. Although next time I think I would like to take some time out to sit down at a diner or BK and chit chat a bit. You know swap stories and such.  Thanks to all and I am all ready for the next time! LOL!
-Heather

ps my blog site is: http://1982yamahavision.blogspot.com/

VisionaryDan

What made this trip really great was Zore and his GPS mounted to his handle bars. He always knew where we were going even though he only rode that loop once before. So all we had to worry about were the flyin through the twisties. (and staying warm)

That's a great little gagit - I gotta get me on of them!

Dan

hfarley

Yeah I went out today and looked at them myself. They are a bit expensive so I bought some computer software that will map out stuff for me instead. I will just have to read a map while I am saving money for the GPS. BTW I am still grinning today from the ride. LOL!
Thanks again for the company guys!
-Heather

zore

I did a 250 mile ride yesterday on the monster started at port jervis adn worked our way along the river.  The road really sucked, during the ride, but I got alot of great photo's if you're interested

http://www.m900.net/NestRide/index.html

If you look at the road, it's pretty small, and in poor shape.  Would have been better on the vision or sprint.  But the ride there was decent.  I took 23 thru whatever state park that is and that's a sweet road.  My ride home was even better as I found about a 6 mile stretch of the best twisties I have ridden in a long time.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionMeister

Great effort to get together guys (and gals). The commraderie of getting together and riding with other V afficianados is worth the effort. I have had the pleasure of going on the CROV ride three times now and don't want to miss another one.
See my post to the Ontario and Colorado riders.
Anyone up for 2007 (25 year anniversary) at a National RR site?

hfarley

A national ride in 2007 would give us all enough time to get the v's up and running. LOL! I would consider it definately.Although we might have to have two rides, one for the east coast and portions of central USA and one for the west coast and portions of central USA.  Any thoughts on where it should be? Since I am relatively new at this I don't quite know any good twisties. Deal's Gap is always an option but I don't think that it is the best spot. I would think something more central would be better. You might even want to start another post for this topic to see what people think.
-Heather

crackerkorean

Quote from: hfarley on November 03, 2005, 02:36:00 PMDeal's Gap is always an option but I don't think that it is the best spot.
-Heather

Deals gap is popular with the miata crowd ( I know I used to be part of it). They have a yearly meet and people even drive down from alaska to ride.

Mutt

And never book your ride there on the last weekend in July. That's Miata meet weekend. Don't ask me how I know, I just do  :P.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

VisionMeister

H2O lawyer has started a 25 year ride topic in the off topic segment.
Keep in touch.