News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

luggage rack

Started by vavision, November 03, 2005, 04:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vavision

Do they make these anymore? Is there one for another bike that fits... can be made to fit the vision?

Saw this on lucky's site http://www.xz550.com/art_files/backr.jpeg

Decided I needed one... backrest couldn't hurt either.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

QBS

That is the ultimate back rest for the V.  Super rare.  Absolutely fabulous for touring and camping.  With this rack and soft luggage, a V will haul more stuff than you'll ever need.  Meanwhile you'll be super comfortable leaning back against your sleeping bag that is attached to the front of the backrest and positioned perfectly for your specific ergonomic requirements.

I've had one of these on my '83 for 24 years.  They are the ultimate. Period.  If you ever see one anywhere, buy it immediately.  Cheers.

MotorPlow

I recently sold one of those luggage racks and now have a Krauser rack and hard cases on my bike. The wife really misses the back rest, however I really like the hard cases. The mounting system for the krausers is universal, just need to make sure you by the correct width rack and then the mounts to the bolts need to be fabricated. At one time, Krauser sold the system specifically for the Vision, but no longer, so buying used and triple checking measurements is your best bet.

kiawrench

best thing i could ever suggest is to be at your local bike events, no matter the maker.

a motorcycle is a motorcycle, so hang out, shop the vendors and swap booths, you will find one that will work. as for finding a stock yamaha rack/rest combo,,,  may not be so lucky.
and you could always just have one made at a local machine shop- those guys like building things that bring joy .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .