News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Bikes For Everyone!

Started by Mutt, November 04, 2005, 11:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

Honda Previews 680cc Automatic-Transmission Motorcycle at Tokyo Motor Show
680cc Honda DN-01 Tokyo Motor Show automatic-transmission concept motorcycle is headed for production.

I know several people that would love to ride but are intimidated by gear shifting. I'm not so sure this is a great idea. Some people just don't belong on a bike. Honda tried auto trans in the 70s but they didn't sell. Notice they chose a V-Twin this time. Times have changed..... :P

Mutt

"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

kiawrench

dont let heather see that photo---- that bike would go perfectly with her batgirl suit,,,

all kidding aside, that is a good looking machine.   that seat setup is well worth a longer look,possibly copying onto the vision. i wonder if there are enough pictures of the bike out there yet to get the seat copied onto a vision seat pan?
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Mutt

I think it looks sharp. The only thing I'm not really happy with though is the back end under the seat area looks like the Honda Elite Scooter coming out a little. Oh yea, and it's not a Yamaha. That seat does look really comfortable though.

Yep it's a crime fighter's bike no doubt. It would accomadate a cape for sure.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Lucky

Batman would NEVER have a bike wth an automatic tranny.. Robin mayby,
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

silicon_toad2000

i wonder if they would make a manual one, I like the look of it.
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

kiawrench

did a bit of looking around, it seems honda has started a new r/d team, - the letters ND stand for New Dream each of 4 bikes are wearing this designation right now , 2 sport v twins and 2 full size interstate type bikes.
the article i was reading says there are to be up to three versions of each bike, a full dresser with auto trans, a full dresser with manual ,and a simple dresser,(no radio,basic set up )with auto trans .
all are still posted as "nd-(whatever number)- CONCEPT. So? far it looks like the 680, a 750 ,and a 1500 .
i dont really expect all of them to make it to market here in the USA, but i really ,really like that seat - i am off in search of every photo possible of the ND-01, to get that seat configuration over to a friend i have recently made here, and see about a copy onto the vision pan. It looks as if it will be easy to do, and still way cheaper than any corbn could be .
The article listed a few possible names,  most are some sort of wing -- dream wing, night wing, ebony wing. a few others, all just as out of place .  i just typed in honda ,ND-01 concept,,, loads of articles, tons of photos .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

hfarley

Hehe I saw the picture anyway Kia! I like the way this bike looks and yes I  do believe that it would work well with my costume. I went as Bat Girl to a Halloween party this year and it was a big hit. LOL! Now If I can just figure out where to put the turbo powered rockets and the Bat Bad guy detector....LOL!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

glennw

I'd like to have this trans, check out Honda blurb:

Infinitely Variable HFT Transmission Delivers a Revolutionary Riding Feel.

This new-generation infinitely variable transmission delivers superb throttle response and stepless shifting, with no mid-corner shifting shocks. Riders can select from three shifting modes: Drive Mode, Sports Mode and 6-Speed Manual Mode. Moreover, the HFT offers the world's first* lock-up mechanism in an infinitely variable, hydraulic mechanical transmission. Powered by a 680cc V-twin engine, this machine realizes novel levels of comfort and sportiness.
*According to a Honda survey.

Half Mad Max

Night Vision

Why are y'all checkin out a hondo when the 2006 Vision is right around the corner? !!!!

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20%20A/Yamaha%20Gen-RYU.jpg

Notice how Yamaha cleverly incorporated the bars and the sport faring for that retro look..... and check the upgraded atomic stator!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano