News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Pics of my bike

Started by crackerkorean, November 10, 2005, 08:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerkorean

In preperation of my birthday ride I painted the tank to match the rest ofthe dark gray primer on the bike and I actually like the way it looks.

I think the choke is messed up so I will run the bike rich. I have been running it for a while like this. (any body have a set of carbs for sale?)

So here it goes.
What I started with. This is actually a while after I got the bike. Should have documented a little better.

What it looks like now. Also note the clean garage. ;D
Its not teh greatest but it runs

glennw

have Lucky rebuild your carbs.. worth every penny... ;D
and I really like the head light....? ?;)
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Night Vision

That first pic looks like the stage I'm at now... I'm in bits and pieces but getting there... Like Lou 'd Pou told me, keep on plugging

I'm hoping for a spring reveal
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Looking good!  Both the bike & garage.  Wanna come over & clean my garage?  ;D  Seriously, the work you've put in so far appears to be paying off.  Hope these photos are an inspiration to others, like Night Vision, getting their projects going.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

crackerkorean

One garage is enough to clean.

Unfortunetly I was not able to ride today.  38 degrees is a little chilly for some body that doenst have a fairing or heated clothing.

Quoteand I really like the head light....
Its off of a 78 CB550 Or 750 and I replaced the sealed beam with a headlight housing that can take an H4 bulb.

The bike will probably stay in this condition for a while. I will get it 100% mechanically then once I get a second bike itl get a complete tear down and rebuild. That way I am not without a bike. ;D

I might take a ride tomorrow in celebration because I got a hockey game to goto tonight.

QBS

Your H4 housing is the way to go.  Stick in a 130/100 bulb.  You'll be pleased.

crackerkorean

I ended up with the 60/100 I will have to go get a 100/130 where do you get those? Can I get one at an auto parts place?

Superfly

I really like the part of restoration when you get everything working, the bike always starts, and now you can start doing the cosmetic stuff.  Even having the bike all 1 color primer looks better than a franken-bike!  Good job, keep up updated on your progress.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

YellowJacket!

Mike,

Your bike is really looking good.  It seem to be about the stage mine is now, just a darker shade of primer.  :D .  keep up the hard/good work.  If you need, I have a partial carb thats in pretty good shape, just real grimy.  Its missing some of the jets, but otherwise complete.  Let me know if you are interested.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

jasonm.

don't go to a 100/130 unless you like changing stators. Also The wiring for the headlight really is not made to handle the 8 amps of a 100w bulb. So a 130w(11amp draw) is a gamble...just my $.02
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

QBS

Please don't tell my 22 year old wiring harness, or my 22 year old OEM factory headlight fuse that that they have been servicing my 130/100 headlight bulb for at least 15 years.  The current stator has been running the same power bulb all of its up to now 8 year life.

FYI, the design of the V electrical system is such that all unused power put out by the stator is shunted to ground.  That is how the Regulator/Rectifier accomplishes voltage regulation.  The stator puts out its max capacity power all the time regardless of the load placed on the system after the Reg/Rec.  In fact, a case can be made that the greater the load placed on the Reg/Rec the less it has to work shunting excess power to ground because there is less power needing to be disposed of, this leading to extended Reg/Rec life.  In fact, my bike still runs its factory Reg/Rec.  Cheers.

Lucky

be aware that any bulb higher tham 65/60 probably isn't legal for road use (off road & show only) in most states.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black