News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Fixed a vaccum leak- found a few problems

Started by vavision, November 08, 2005, 11:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vavision

I fixed a vaccum leak temporarily with the liquid electric tape on my carb boots. However, I'd rather just replace them as they were in alot worse condition than I thought. Does anyone have the part number, a source, and a ballpark figure on buying new ones?

So, when I fixed the vaccum leak I started noticing a new sound at idle. It's like rolling a few rocks slowly in a coffee can. What do you think? The fixed vaccum leak surely messed up my carb sync and I'm hoping that this is related and not harmful to the bike.

The new goal is to strip her down after thanksgiving, por the tank, fixing the plastic on the fairing, repaint the bike (all indoors with ventilation and a respirator due to the cold), get some rust off places with non-steel wool (any other ideas appreciated), polish her up, change all her fluids, do any fixes the site recommends (still haven't replaced the fuse box), get her cleaned up, tuned up and on the road again.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

YellowJacket!

I got brand new boots from DGY.  Cost about $42.00 each but well worth it.  got the gaskets for a couple extra bucks and all is well now.
search for it at
http://yamaha.dgy.com/parts.aspx

Best Regards,

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Kevin

'the noise you are hearing at idle-low rpm could be loose bolts on the inside of your flywheel. It is a common problem.Kevin C

louthepou

I'd resynch the carbs, then listen to the noise you describe (if still present). I've had one occasion when a badly desynched set of carbs had as an effect an engine making really weird noises.

But the starter clutch hypothesis is a likely candidate (good idea to deal with it even if it's not a problem yet, since unless it's been fixed before, it will eventually arise)

Happy Thx Giv!

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic