What color would you paint your vision?

Started by vavision, November 08, 2005, 02:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vavision

I'm soon to undertake the painting of my 82 Vision. Currently it has the black and tan paintjob like lucky's ride with the full fairing. However, the years have bastardized that paint, and there is some rust coming through in places on the tank.

My thoughts were origionally a metallic royal blue and either polishing up the engine and parts, or blacking them all out. Now I'm not certain if I want it all RB or if I want it RB with a gray stripe along the top of the tank and fender, or maybe a strip on either side of the tank and correlating on the fairing.

How would you paint your vision?
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Lucky

it must really be faded, that's black & gold, lol

look at lots of bikes, check out the gallery, & look thru bike mags, what you eventually end up with has to make YOU happy, your the one who has to live with it...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

vavision

True, but some people are true, dare I say it, visionaries when it comes to color schemes. I'm hoping there's someone like that here.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

QBS

Like your RB with grey idea.  However, delete the metalic twist.

YellowJacket!

I asked the same question a few months back.  My V is currentrly primer gray on the tank and somewhat black everywhere else.  The general concensus was red or yellow.  (based on my tastes)
I recently purchased a primed spoiler for my car that I will be having painted,  The person who is going to paint it said it would be cheaper in the long run if he painted both the spoiler and my bike parts at the same time.  Guess what color my car is........Electric Blue   ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

MercOne

Im going to paint mine a Vitamin C Orange, with custom black stripes... I think its gonna look sexy...

Lucky

I get a mental picture of an M&M in prison.... lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

glennw

DV...
How the plane is so clean  :o and your bike is so dirty :-\
Wondering
G
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

I think the plane goes fast enough to "self clean".  Just doesn't get the chance to build that nice 'patina'.   ;

Seriuosly, DV - great looking Stinson!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

It was being judged at that day, so it had to be clean.? (it took best Stinson)

However, one of the reasons I thought of it is that I think orange needs a large area to exist, and wouldn't do well on a smaller canvas like a bike.? ?Without seeing a drawing or something, I personally would be hesitant about using orange.? Red I can see.? Mostly I would tend toward darker colors with light accents rather than the other way around.?

Just my thoughts, I like my black and former gold :-)

Brian

redxz550inoz

Have had one of my tanks painted (so they could check I liked the colour before they did the rest). Ended up a kind of deep candy apple red. She's gonna look stunning when she's done - but not holdin my breathe, I could be waiting a while  LOL

Junior

Good choice. For some reason, Asprin white seems to fit.  ;D

Schnurr

I am already begining to ponder the same questions for my own project. I always tend to lean towards metalic silver with flat black drivetrain, minimum chrome or just strait back, with black drivetrain and a few brushed alluminum accents and minimum chrome accessories. 

But most importantly just go with what you gut tells you.  Fortunately whatever color you pic there wont be a whole heck of a lot of it so you should be fine no matter what direction you take.

KCV
Better to have learned than not to have tried

Night Vision

keep it black... keep it black... keep it black you devil...

check out the Harley Fat Bobber flat black denim... awesome retro / rat-rod look.

In fact, it's so cool that I just saw a 2006 Kawasaki with the denim styled paint ('cept it was blue) 

Just think how much more riding time and much less shining time
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Coil Coyle

Plus, the Flat Black absorbs Photons, increasing the total energy stored in the V.
:o
;D
coil

crazyjimmy

I went with yellow and people stopped pulling out in front of me.
jim