News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Any technical numbers anyone want to know from the engine?

Started by Blake, December 12, 2005, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

Just thought i'd throw this out there, but school's finally coming up on winter break (big ole month off for me  ;D) and im planning on taking apart the engine (top end and side covers) to do some work and get some measurements.   if theres anything you want to know (specs wise) let me know and if i can get it i with a dial indicator, micrometer, or dial indicator (or anything else easily accessable) let me know and ill see what i can do (the hobby shop i go to has a lot of tidbits in its engine room.)

Couple things i'm going to try to get done.

Cam specs (if i can get ahold of a degree wheel)
CC cylinder head
Deck height
Head gasket compressed height
Valve stem legnth/other info (see about interchangability with other valves)
Valve spring pressure
some piston info (pin dia, location, etc)
cylinder base gasket info..

basically im looking to get information T-dub already knows but i dont want to bother him with everything  ;D   I figure try and get as much information that cant be found in the repair manuals (factory or haynes) as possible, incase someone comes up with an idea they want to try out.  I'm interested in seeing how low the CR can get...

If you have anything you want to know let me know and ill figure it out slowly but surely.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Blake

Oh..

and if anyone has an engine COMPLETELY apart (possibly blown/parts engine)  and has access to a caliper or other high quality measuring instrument, I'd really apprecaite it if anyone can take some measurements off a connecting rod for me.  Mainly center to center, big end bore, small end bore..things like that.

Or, if anyone has a spare connecting rod and piston i'd definately love to buy it off of you for a few bucks.  it would allow me to do more measurements off of it and get it drawn up in autocad for informational purposes.  I dont really want to have to split the crankcase and disconnect the rod (yet), so i can use this engine in the spring.

thanks,

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Coil Coyle

Blake,

What is the horizontal width from the center plane of the rod to the center plane of the cam drive sprocket?

:-\

coil

Blake