83 petcock diaphram is rebuildable now!

Started by Lucky, August 11, 2005, 10:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

ok, So I Finnaly got the diaphram material in the mail today & punched out 2 new diaphrams.

If you remember, I had an issure where i was going to thread the valves and put nuts on. the nuts i have were too large for the spring to fit over, so i have slightly modified the steel jig Coil made for the 83 accel controll valve. (the jig will still work for that as well) and have drilled & tapped the valve to take the 3mm bolts coil provided. the heads are smaller, & it all fits together well.

for a complete rebuild i suggest you get the 82 kit from keyster, & send the diaphram plate to me for new diaphrams.

i have to find o-rings for the mount part of the petcock, but a schmere of silicone sealer over the old o-ring does the trick well also.

also, a couple of the petcocks i've gotten to use for parts are severly corroded, from water, where the plastic tubes fit in, to the point that there is really nothing left to hold the tubes in.. be sure if your rebuilding yours, that you don't have this problem. if you do you may need to fill the void with epoxy & clean it up with a dremil...

i'll rebuild the diaphram plate for$33 shipping included in the U.S. (a padded envelope will do fine, or a CD shipping box)

any questions shoot me an email.
--Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Walt_M.

Good job! I knew you could do it! Did you ever find the microscreen you were looking for? Neither of my old ones had it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

louthepou

Lucky, once again, I am humbled by your devotion and resourcefullness!

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

silicon_toad2000

Lucky, you are what is missing from the nasa program. They're fortunate they had Andy Thomas, a man from right here in South Australia, but now he is retired, they need you!
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

Lucky

Walt, some had the screen, some didn't, i don't think it's a big deal though..

I could have yanked that piece of filler out of the shuttle too, but i'm afrade if hights, lol

jasonm.

Good job, but silicone will not last if in contact with gas.  Keep up the good work.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Lucky

i've done it with both the yamabond & silicone, both held (the o-rings weren't too bad, it was just insurance mostly, but no leaks...

Coil Coyle

People of Vision,? ? ;D

At Amy's, www.amyskitchen.com, we spin the "milk" out of soy beans to make Tofu.

The Tofu centrifuge is built with a 2 ft diameter cone of suitably fine 316 stainless steel screen, that winds up in the scrap.

Any body that wants a rectangle of excellent filter screen just Email me the size of the rectangle you need and pay me the postage PayPal.

Lucky, I'm mailing you an 83 diaphram and $33. US today. I hope you are up to doing a repair. By spring, if Jim E's comes through this week, I'll need another 83 done.
I'm trying to get Visionless's older and younger brothers 83's by spring. I won't be close by so I better get the petcocks ready for the next twenty years.

Thanks for the R&D, we're even on that.

;)
coil