Front Brake Option

Started by Superfly, December 13, 2005, 12:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

Hey Guys,

I was having a hell of a time with my front brakes dragging, and decided to look around for a new front caliper.? Interestingly enough the new (04-05) Yamaha FZ6 went back to the old style front brake master cylinder.? So I decided to give it a try.

Works like a charm on the Dual front system with steel braded lines.? I have not had any problem with stopping, or dragging, and has had the best front braking on a vision that I have felt... It is not like I am trying to do a stoppie or anything like that... Just wanted more stopping power.?  I am not sure of the plunger size on the master cylinder... and yes, that is a CF brake lever... Oh yeah... the Vision is going CF now!!!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lead_Deficiency

Nice going superfly.  My master cylinder is looking pretty ugly,  I'll know what to start looking for now.

Extent

Not to be a spoilsport or anything but that is a CF look lever, and a pretty hideous immitation at that.

Props on the MC tho, good to know modern parts that are interchangeable.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

QBS

Does any part of the new master cylinder touch any part of the fairing?

Superfly

I am not planning on keeping that lever, it was there already when I got the master Cylinder.... I already have a black one ordered.  I just thought it looked funny!

The new master cylinder & lever completely clear the fairing.  It fits pretty much where the other brake lever goes.  That was the first thing I was testing when I put it on.

louthepou

That lever would go well with my faux CF turn signals on my cafe racer!  :D

(came from a parts bike of course).

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Emjayw

Check at MikesXS.com for a perfect replacement Master Cylinder with lever and new brake switch for $65. (2004 price)  Mike
AMA, Yamaha 650 Society, North Texas Norton Owners Assn.
'98 Concours

George R. Young

If putting on a new master cylinder cured the dragging problem, the vent holes in the base of the old master cylinder were probably clogged.

Toothpick time!

Superfly

Actually, it was rebuild time...  ;D