News:

Main Menu

What kind of tail is this?

Started by zore, September 16, 2005, 05:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

Not sure if tha'ts a one off but it's sweet.  That's what I want to do with mine.  Can that tail piece be bought or is it off another bike?
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

louthepou

I do believe it's a one off, or modified from another bike (Yamaha FZ?)

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

hfarley

Now there's a nice piece of tail. LOL! ;D
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

zore

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

louthepou

Heather probably wonders where her hubby would sit if her Vision had that seat!!!  ;D

Lou

kiawrench

zore--
   those are "cafe" race bike modifications.

more or less the most uncomfortable ride you could ever get on a vision, but if it is in your blood, there is none finer.  Cant get used to the feeling of being weged in the saddle when i had a bike set up like that .
    The majority of those are hand laid fiberglass, special fit and custom set for each rider. you can still buy a kit to do that, but there is no real reason to do so ,unless you are going to run in vintage races or something. Plenty of better and more comfortable seating types to pick from.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

louthepou

Kia's got a point. On my cafe racer, my jewels get somewhat... sandwiched on the tank if I don't hold on strong to the clip-ons when braking hard.

But the handling's interesting in tight twisties. A bit of oversteer though.

I do have a normal seat, so I have maybe a cafe-racerish Vision  :D

Lou

zore

I'm no stranger to cafe style bikes.  Infact I prefure the riding position for anything but 300 mile or more rides.  That seems to be my limit.  This is my 95 m900 that I've had since 98.  It seems to get a new paint job every year because... i can't paint worth a darn.

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Rick G

It looks like a 400 to me . cylinder are short.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

If any-one is interested in a cafe racer look!!!!!!!!!!!!!read on.
I met a guy at a swap meet in Ontario in October'ish(I think he's from Kitchener ???),any-way,he had a stall set up with cafe racer type stuff he manufactures him-self? :o out of glass fibre. Seats,GAS TANKS? :o ,Body panels,etc,etc. He would love the oppurtunity to "do" a Cafe Vision? 8)
His name is :? Pat Cowan (B.Sc)
company:? ? ? ?Pacomotorstuff
e-mail addr':? pacomotorstuff@aol.com
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? TigerJohn
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!