News:

Main Menu

winter.

Started by Kalle, December 18, 2005, 05:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalle

Hi everyone. ;D

i just want to say, that the winter sucks  :'(
my XZ is standing in the warm garage, and waiting for the spring. Hope the bike will start again then.

I tried to start the bike for a couple of weeks, on the outside when it was cold in the air, and it wont start.
i think i did have too mutch choke, because it did come a little bang from the pipes.  :o  ohh my ears........

after that i placed the bike in the garage, and waiting for the spring to try again. :-\

Sorry if the english is not so god.

Well, have a nice chrismas and a happy new year. ;)

regards Kalle / Sweden.

Coil Coyle

Hi Kalle,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? The Pacific Ocean keeps the coast of California warm, it rained 3" this month. (75+\-mm)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?The good thing about rain is the temperature warms. :D
Clear weather and I ride in frost, rain and it is much warmer. I like the rain best, given the choice.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?You could spend the winter starting to organize a 2007 European Vision 25th aniverary ride.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Clean your plugs (the part that goes in the combustion chamber only)of carbon and fuel by heating them in a natural gas / methane and air stove flame. heat the electrode and ceramic tip, not the threads, the electrode should just start to glow red. It will heat slow but that is good. Get the ceramic tip hot enough that you see no carbon on the ceramic around the center electrode. Let them cool slow, it has worked for me.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Drain your carbs until spring.? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?If you must ride in the snow try putting each of your feet in a hole cut in the side of a 7 liter bleach bottle and skid them along to hold the bike up. Remember, the caps go forward, wear lots of socks... LOL
;D
coil

Blurred Vision

All the snow Southwestern Ontario has been washed away by mild drizzle. It's warm enough (0-+1 degrees C) to ride but so wet and mucky. It feels like spring but usually doesn't get this warm til march.
So I pray for the rain to stop and the roads to dry up. I just got my XZ road worthy( First and only bike I've ever riden) and got 4 weeks of riding in before the snow. I think mother nature is teasing me making me think that good riding days are close at hand. I have slipped into a mild depression because of winter and not because of a vitamin D deficiency. So I will continue to check the weather forcast a frequently as the ROV forum in hopes of just one good day.
Jay

squid

>:( southwestern ontario gets mild and rain, and out here in the sticks of southeastern ontario, we still have about 5 inches of snow and freezing rain all day, could not even get the first ride in on new years eve cause of snow,,, the bike is sleeping on amherest island and i swear i hear it crying to get its freshly painted fender and new r/r. but spring is only 12 weeks away  ;D

Blurred Vision

Looks like I might get a couple bearable riding days next week, according to the long range forcast, It's probably just a cruel trick.
Jay

h2olawyer

The front range of the rockies have been unseasonably warm & dry for several weeks.  The normal sand on the roads is gone & temps have been in the 40s - 60s (F).  Saturday (Jan. 7) is supposed to be in the mid 60s.  Going to try to keep up with a friend on his GTS1000.  Almost makes me forget about skiing!

Managed to get out a couple times since New Year's Day.  Figured that since I de-mothballed the V just after Christmas for one ride, I might as well go for a few more.  Just going to keep putting Sta-Bil in the fuel & ride off & on all winter - at least until I do the valves & water pump seal (probably sometime in Feb.).

The northwest part of the state has been getting tons of snow - over 200 inches at Steamboat so far - so the skiing at many of the resorts is fantastic.  Wonderful Colorado - choose among the bike, golf or skiing on almost any day.

Ride (or dream of riding) Safe!
H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Blurred Vision

I was gonna winterize the V but decided to repaint instead. And once I put it all back together I hade to run her to make sure everything was good. So every other day I go out and let her run for at least 15 min inside the garage.
Jay