News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

part found!! SPECIAL!!

Started by kiawrench, January 05, 2006, 07:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

As I now sort of work for a chrysler auto group, I had a revelation!, The Eagle vision parts system is still valid, and the name badge for the rear right of trunk lid fits very very well on a Vision  bike!!
   I got the part number, located the part over the dealer net, 2 in tennessee,two in houston and 14 more scattered around the USA, there may be more in the system overseas, but i can not access that. As for salvage yards, has to be thousands out there!
   For those that want to replace the beat up Yamaha emblem on the fuel tank with something special, the part number is :

Mopar  nameplate : VISION
                                   0463-0328
         last listed price: 12.70 each plus shipping, but if you push a bit, they will sell at cost, 10.21 each plus shipping

as soon as i found these, i ordered a set, put them on today,, they look stock to the bike and go on easy, peel and stick!!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lead_Deficiency

I think Brian_Matthewson has that name plate on his V.

squid

Fiddlesticks had put those emblems on my tank when she had it, but I took them off cause the tank is going for repaint and i am looking for new yamaha orginals now lol, I too work for Chrysler, and just looked up that pn on the canadian side... :o :o If you are going to buy the "vision" emblems buy them in the states,,,,dead cost is 13.11 cdn and list 26.25, (must be the exchange or somethin
Btw Kia, what do ya think of the new comander,,,,i did a pdi on one the other day with a hemi, lots of go, but man are they ugly with tons of blindspots :P

Blurred Vision

Squid

Another option for the Tank is the R6 tuning fork Bubble Emblem.
They come in chrome and gold and look great on the tank. I got 4 of them mailed to me in an envelope from Australia ( Ebay )  and It cost me $8.00 canadian.
I know it's not the original and not everyone likes the Tuning forks. But they look great.
Jay

squid

I do like the tuning forks, there is no doubt, but i am on a quest to try to keep everything orignial on mine, just one of those crazy things i do lol, but the tuning forks are my second option, i still have the orignal yamaha emblems but the gold is peeling off them,,,wonder if there is a way to get new gold leaf kind of material and redo them

kiawrench

The vision emblem isnt for everyone, just thought to share the info on a soon to be dead part number. once the last 16 are gone, there wont be any more nos ones in the states. i checked a few dealers, some will play lets make a deal on them now, as they are just taking up space now, no more will be made .

We have had no real problems from the Commander vehicles, the Hemi was already proven on other platforms, so far the wiring and all seem to work well.

? ?I am not a big fan of "Sport Utility Vehicles"- they dont hold up well to sport, they have very little utility that i cant get from a short bed pick up truck. The majority of the large SUVs have never even been dirty ,let alone attempt off road use. I guess i think of them as very overpriced station wagons for pretentious soccer moms

This opinion is my own, but i for one think they should all be regulated out of existance.

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Blurred Vision

Gold leaf isn't hard to do we do it all the time at work. I'm a wood finisher for a high end kitchen and bath co. You'd be surprised how many people request gold leaf. It comes on a piece of paper like a sticker backing, it require's a specific adhesive and some good surface preparation.Can also be clear coated ( Laquer )
Jay

YellowJacket!

Quote from: kiawrench on January 07, 2006, 12:44:02 AM

? ?I am not a big fan of "Sport Utility Vehicles"- they dont hold up well to sport, they have very little utility that i cant get from a short bed pick up truck. The majority of the large SUVs have never even been dirty ,let alone attempt off road use. I guess i think of them as very overpriced station wagons for pretentious soccer moms

? ? This opinion is my own, but i for one think they should all be regulated out of existance.

The above quote should go down in history... ;D ;D ;D

Kia, you should put it in your sig line.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

silicon_toad2000

Before you regulate them out of existance, make sure the 4 wheel drives that can actually cut the mustard off road are called 4 wheel drives and not SUV's. I'd hate to loose some of those mid size 4 wheel drives that keep being called SUV's.
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

ps2/bikevision

amen silicon, i have a 89 gmc jimmy s-15 4.3L V6 4x4

i have beat the crap out off it and it is still going stong. even after rolling it in a corn field. it will out perform my full size 88 blazer 4x4 355 w/headers 8in lift and 35 in. tires.

the jimmy is stock, and yes i have replaced parts but with oem replacements. the it will do circles around the blazer on the trails. though the blazer is awsome in the mud.

in my opinion most of what a so called suv can do depends on the driver. i drive either the blazer or the jimmy when my friends go out on the trail and no matter  what im in i can out drive who ever is in my other truck. people who buy a suv should be required to take a course on how to drive it properly.