Colorado in January?!?

Started by h2olawyer, January 08, 2006, 01:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Had a great ride Saturday afternoon.? January 7th and I went to Estes Park!? (8,000 ft. elevation)? It has been very warm and dry here since November.? There isn't much of the normal sand in any of the corners.? In fact, the sand was in the middle - on the centerline(s) or outside the white line on the right.? Absolutely none in the lane the entire distance from home to Estes & back (80+ miles).

Stopped to take photos in front of the Stanley Hotel (actual inspiration for "The Shining").? The wind was fairly strong & gusty.? Got blown across the lane a couple times but never totally into the oncoming lane or off the pavement.? ?;D? Temps were near 70F in Ft. Collins when we left @ about 2:00PM.? Got a little chilly near Estes Park - about 45F.? Heat vents in the fairing are great.? ?:D? Sure isn't a normal winter around here.

Happy Riding (or dreaming of it)
H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

supervision

Hey, good to see you'v been out having some fun!  Nice picture of the two rare bikes... our weather here in central California has been lots of rain, followed by fog..   Yesterday wasn't too bad though, Trevor and I drove out to Snelling for breakfast, then on to La Grange off-road park for some sideways action on the dirt bikes.  We met up with Chris, Robert and Franz.  It was great to get some exercise    I hate to say it, but my Vision still has the rain grime on it from  Arizona     ok talk to you later Supervision
" border="0