Faring ideas

Started by DaWiseWun, January 03, 2005, 03:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaWiseWun

I am looking for ideas for a faring for my Vision.  I really dislike all the yamaha vision farings that I've seen, they just don't seem to flow with the bike imho.  Does anybody have any ideas or pics of some non-Vision farings that they have either modded or seen.  I really liked what John Clemens' did to his Vision Racer in the gallery.  It looks like he modded up a faring off a ducati?

Thanks,
Josh
"Of course there's a lot of knowledge in universities; the freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don't take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates.

jasonm.

I think Mr. Clemens' was all FZR 400 parts including the frame.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Blake

I have one off a gsxr 600 (early 90's..actually.96 i believe it is)....

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bstoddar/GSXRFairing/

i need to confirm it and id actually like to see about getting the sides and lowers. right now its mounted kind of high.. crappy mount job, but then again, i made it in that parking lot of my apartment using 1/8" x 1" wide steel stripping, and 1/8" square rod.  when i get some time and have it back at home in a garage ill defiantely make a better mounting system.  but all in all its a nice fit.  I'm just thinking im going to get clipons so that it fits nice in the side cutouts of the fairing.  plus im young and my back can handle the lower stance :)

oh..and the headlights are "Auxillary lights" for cars.. it actually works pretty good..nice and bright with a 50watt flood that it came with and a 75 watt spot light i bought.   i have it so both are wired on on high, and nothing when its on low.  once again, improv job, but the fairing let me ride into cold december weather :)

but from the pictures you can see its a little "out there".. too far forward, a little too high..etc... thanks to the jimmy rigged bracketry..but the fairing stays solid and doesnt move with the handlebars.. took a little getting used to.but i actually like it better than having something always move.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

DaWiseWun

That's deffinately interesting, I see what you mean about it being kinda out there.  It's got possibilitys though.  Thanks for the info on the FZR 400 jasonm.

Josh
"Of course there's a lot of knowledge in universities; the freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don't take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates.

DaWiseWun

Here is a 1990 Yamaha FZR 400.  It even looks alot like a vision.  This is the fairing and body style that I would like to shoot for.  I guess nobody here has any 90 fzr 400 parts lying around?  :)  http://www.rcsquared.com/motorcycles/readers/yamaha/90fzr400.jpg

Ed Hoyle

Check out fzrarchives. com