Custom Vision

Started by comatt, February 07, 2006, 10:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comatt

I  just found these 2 pictures of a custom Vision from the 2006 International Motorcycle show in NYC.  Link:  http://philadelphiariders.com/gallery/2006-International-Motorcycle-Show-NYC/132_3296
Has anyone else seen this?  Or other pictures?  I know the carbs are not the originals, I just rebuilt mine 3 times in the last week and I gottne very familiar with them.

Enjoy!

Lucky

that is "Apocolictic Bob" Vavision was asking about in Tech Talk.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

I never really cared for what they did to that Vision....
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Mutt

Looks like it got its a$$ ate off!? :P

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

QBS

Saw it in Houston last November.  Did a post on it.  Do a search on " relient".  Cheers.

Blurred Vision

I'm not into S&M or anything but I love the studded fenders 8)
Jay

Night Vision

imoh...? like it or not.....

having ANY Vision in a 2006 International Motorcycle show is.... I don't know .... ummm...? flattering to the breed?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

:) Maybe some-body should remind Yamaha  ::) that the Vision still LIVES...................................  8)

Tiger.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tdub

The new Memphis Shades Vision with the 2nd generation frame will be at the Indy Trade show coming up. Not sure which booth it will be in, but I will let you know as soon as I find out. Tdub
Always Looking for the Next Race

ps2/bikevision

your going to be in indy!! you got to let me know when, and ill ride down.

Tdub

Unfortunately, we are a little behind getting ready for Daytona, so I will not be able to go. But I will be at the XPLEX Park, Portland, IN June 10th, Allen County Fairgrounds, Lima, OH June 24th and Lake Odessa Mi. the following week racing the Visions!! Tdub

Sable

I don't care what y'all say about it, I still think the Apocolictic Bob is a different and pretty cool lookin bike in a Mad Max sort of way.

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Blake

I'll admit.. i like the idea of the custom bike... but its far from being "show worthy."  definately looks like it was a weekend job that involved a case of beer, a few spare harley parts, and a couple cans of krylon ???

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

kiawrench

now,, lets not get too hasty here,, a little tweaking of that same idea,, smooth out that tank to seat transition,, junk the idea of a single carb,, , paint it like you love it,,, may have a bit of merit after all

IF i had some extra funds, AND another V to work from,, would do the very same concept,, but add in a little of my own ides as to how to make it look like i built it on purpose, not just toss parts at a open frame .

Even lil paulie had a starting point,,,   now maybe we can send note to builder of that mess and let him know we are ready to see the finished version.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

I agree with night vision.  Having the V represented, whether stock or chopped, is flattering.  The unmistakeable V-Twin is still highly visible.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Hugh

That is the Vision that was in Cycle World a couple of years ago.  it was done by the owner of Cobra (Denny Berg).  I'm going to the Chicago bike show this weekend - hopefully the Vision will be there too.  If so, I'll be sure to get a bunch of photos - especially of the carb set up.

In the small article it said that he used a Harley carb he had laying around.  I wish we could get him to give some details on this.  If it's easy to do and works, I'd be interested in giving it a try.  There has got to be a ton of HD carbs laying around to be found cheap I would think.  Maybe Tdub might have some ideas how to get this to work.

Speaking of Tdub, I just recently heard about the flat track Vision in the newletter.  I'm a big fan of flat track racing, having grown up around Peoria, Il.  I used to never miss a Peoria TT or Springfield Mile (which has to be the absolute best racing in the world - really).  But now I have a couple of young boys, so it just isn't easy to get to the races.  Maybe I'll try to get to one this year if the Vision will be racing.

Anyway, I was googling to get more info about the Memphis Shades Vision and came up with a few sites that you all might be interested in:

http://www.amaflattrack.com/article.php?aid=3168&UID=pZAj4P9KrACROik2uxzzZXGuq4qCO1

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=7364

http://www.electrosport.com/electrosport_press2.html

Hey Tdub, is there an official team site with more details and photos?  Is JR racing for you again this year?

Hugh

Tdub

Hugh, JR and Bugs(#2 rider) are currently working on their websites. They should be up soon.
We will definately be at Peoria and Springfield. By the way, Bugs,Robbie Pearson, is from Chillicothe just north of Peoria.
What could be better than taking the boys to see the Vision race? Taking them to see TWO Visions on the track!
As far as grafting the HD carb on the Vision, the manifold would be the biggest challenge, but still wouldn't be too hard to do. I think it would be a smooth, rider freindly setup. You were right about how easy it would be to find these carbs. HD carb swaps are probably the most often done HD mod. Tdub