News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Difference between 82RJ Vision and 83 USA edition

Started by konik2666, March 08, 2006, 12:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

konik2666

Hallo all members.At first I  write something about Me.I live in Poland in medium city SZCZECIN,I have 22 years old,I study in Maritime Academy And also working on the summer season In Mallorca on the big motor Yacht.I thing than it is everything about Me :) I have two yamaha's XZ 550 one is from Canada,she is 82 RJ edition and the second I bought few days ago and she is 83 limited edition from USA but she is only for the parts  :( The engine has only 17 000 mils.I remember than somebody told Me than 83 vision has 72 HP, and the YAMAHA change the cumshaft,piston's crunkshaft few other things.It is true?????On this moment I would like to put the engine from 83 vision to My bike .Next time I send the picture of My Xz and My MAC mufler becouse I put the chromium on them :) All the best for all

Lucky

I don't have all the information handy, but the specs are the same for both engines (piston, cams)  that does NOT mean they are interchangable. 

most of the horsepower difference comes from changes in the fuel system (carbs) and exhaust.

you can swap entire engines without any problems

did you happen to buy either bike from a guy named Paul (or Humber)? just wondering.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

konik2666

Humber is My very good Frend but I buy 83 version frome some person who bring them from USA 6 years ago ,and on this time nobody do something ion this bike,I also have the carb fron 83 and exost pipe but when I put this engine in My frame I Must using 82 carb and mayby latter I put 83 carb on his place.I also must buy repair kit for them :( About muffler now I have MAC but humber say than the MAC is shit??? Before I buy MAC i have gery wolf exost system But humber help me and we send them to USA To change for MAC

Lucky

Humber & I have allways disagreed on the Mac exhaust.  they are cheap, but they are light, are ceramic coated, have a great sound & are repackable.

konik2666

Yes Lucky it is true.The sound of MAC is great,He looks great  beter than original.Now my MAC is rebuild :) The person who put the chromium on then have very big problem with old paint.He can't remove them from exhaust :( But I dont know how he do that :) heheheI thing then he send Me My exhaust on next week now I send You the side with picture of My XZ550

http://www.allegro.pl/item91071765_yamaha_xz_550_xz550.html

Everything is new I buy the tank and al plastic from Germany for 170 euro.I thing than it is very heap :)Tomorrow I've been in My home and I send You More picture of My XZ to your E-mail Mayby one of them could be in gallery side ;D

Lucky

I don't run the gallery, or this site, to get pics on the gallery, sent them to ron@ghetti.net, or computerhelp@ghetti.net.

--Lucky

konik2666

OK I will do that tomorrow.All the best for you