News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

New Vision

Started by vavision, March 13, 2006, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

doesn't look familar, but for $50 & all expenses paid round trip i'll touch it!  ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

MotorPlow

Ha! Lucky has sat on my bike... And he did it for free... I have pictures...

~MP

vavision

Good news-

Someone's done the starter fix and I still have an extra seal, the starter clutch fix was done already, so I have some extra bolts laying around. The stator looks great. She starts and runs great. She has a higher set of risers on the handlebars which feels much better and she seems to be in much better shape than the other Vision.

Bad news-

The tank has leaks. I'm posting a how do I fix it in the tech section.

Unknown news-
When I first started her up I got some smoke out the back. I assume it's either because A- I put a small bit of oil in through the spark plugs from a tip B- It just happens when a bike hasn't been fired in a few years or C- something important be messed up.

It slowly died down and then went away after a few minutes running. It was never that much but it was definately noticable when it first happened.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

QBS

Probably A and B.? Don't worry about it.

vavision

Quote from: QBS on March 15, 2006, 05:39:37 PM
Probably A and C.  Don't worry about it.

So, C- "something important be messed up" isn't something to worry about?

MotorPlow

If you did put oil down the spart plug holes, it will definately be "A". I definately wouldn't worry about "A".

QBS

Typo, since corrected.

vavision

Quote from: QBS on March 15, 2006, 07:11:29 PM
Typo, since corrected.

LoL- I thought it had to be something along those lines  :)

konik2666

Hallo   

You wont to sold this sport fairing???When you wont I'm interested.Please give Me some sign to rider2666@wp.pl

konik2666

HALLO VAVISION

If You wont to sell  this fairing please send Me few pictures inside and outside of fairing,You write than she is cracken but it is not so big problem for Me.Like I say If You wont to sold please send Me picture and price.