News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

The new VMax!!

Started by Brian_Matthewson, March 24, 2006, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_Matthewson

1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Phatjap

Now thats a concept bike....fantastic
Skype me. Phatjap

h2olawyer

Not normally a fan of many cruiser type bikes, but always liked the V-Max.  This is no excpetion.  Other than the headlight, Yamaha's done a great job on the redesign.  Wicked cool!   8)

Thanks for the link, Brian.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ps2/bikevision

thats pretty sweet. you see the rotors them are cool. whos gona be the first to try that mod to the v.  :D

and is that an oil coolier is see below the radiator?

Mutt

I agree with h20 on the headlight thing. That could have been different. If that is an oil cooler hanging down under the radiator, it's not going to be long for this world. Its the lowest part of the bike. Be careful when pulling in to parking places that have parking blocks. Also don't get to close to an edge with a sudden drop.

If the price was right, I'd buy it.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Lead_Deficiency

That thing hanging down is actually another rad, you can see the rad hose connecting the two sections.

I like the engine, suspension, brakes and rims.

Mutt

Quote from: Lead_Deficiency on March 24, 2006, 03:13:48 PM

That thing hanging down is actually another rad, you can see the rad hose connecting the two sections.

I like the engine, suspension, brakes and rims.

Could it be liquid cooled oil? I can't imagine there being two separate radiators just for the engine. Maybe they've learned their lesson from the vision mistakes.  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

Maybe they've learned their lesson from the vision mistakes.? :)
Mutt

ERRR, dont think so........NO FORK BRACE.... :o? ? ?;D? :D? ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Nice looking bike but they really need to ditche the Briggs and Stratton side cover on the engine.  Otherwise, sign me up, I WANT ONE!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

vavision

Is it just me or is the look of the Vision similar to that of the Vmax? I know there are plenty of things different but the way you sit, the rise of the tank- I don't know what it is but when I look at the V-max I feel a "Vision's bigger brother" vibe.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Lucky

the vision engine is 1/2 a vmax
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

ok,, i like the v-max, always did . just two problem with it folks,, it sits high ,and with that slick plastic seat, going to be a lot of fellas popping off the back. i think it really needs a sandpaper patch or something to let a fella's bottom hang on .

and forget the affordable price range,,, can bet you will need a second mortgage for this new version .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Brian_Matthewson

The "Design Feedback" option from the main page let's you tell Yamaha what you like/don't like about the bike, including what you'd be willing to pay for it.
Sounds like they're finalizing the specs so this is likely to be a 2007 model, maybe 2008.
Brian

Blurred Vision

It's nice to drool over but realistically, the only way I'd get one is if It was a free gift. ::)
Jay

Willie

I'm not very fond of the pipes, too big and short.  Don't care too much for the air intake scoops either (didn't like them on the original V-Max).  Seeat isn't long enough and that lower radiator is too low!

Brian_Matthewson

...gas mileage probably sucks too!!
Brian

louthepou

Some day, I will get a Vmax. Hey, it's a V-engined, ill-handling, sub-par breaking cult-bike...

(Reminds me of another bike...)

And that engine is just way too sweet not to have one sit in my garage.

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic