Do you have any other bikes?

Started by vavision, March 28, 2006, 05:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vavision

I'm curious. The vision was my first bike but now I have a few more

2 82 Visions (mine)
an 81 Yamaha xs 400 (g/f learner bike trying to sell)
an 81 Kawasaki kz 650 (giving away for a friend's birthday/graduation)
a 78 kz 400 (trading for a pistol)
an 85 honda magna (girlfriends new bike)
and a 78 suzuki gs 750. (too pretty... don't know if I want to sell but I promised I'd get back down to just two bikes for me)
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

MotorPlow

I started in 1991 with a 1984 Suzuki GS650E. I never should have sold that one. The guy who bought it from me totaled it 1 week after buying it.

Superfly

I guess most of us have/had an old GS!  I bought a GS450 (cafe Racer style) for the ex, Fixed it up, got it running good, and then we split up, at least I got to keep the bike  :D
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Sable

I had a 1975 Kawasaki H-1, a three cylinder two stroke.... engine seized after putting 25 miles on it. Man, I wish I knew about e-bay back then. The tank and body pannels would have covered the price I paid for my Vision.
I also own a rolling chassie for a 1969 Rokon Trailbreaker, a bike I've always wanted, and now get to build.

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

crackerkorean

I have a raleigh M600 mountain bike
and
Giant TCR1 road bike

Thats about the closest I get to having other bikes ;D

Kevin

In the garage sits a busted 82 r100rs.2 82 visions with farings 1 red and 1 black,1 black 82vision naked. 2 suzuki t500 two strokes I'm restoring.and my buddies 83 vision that has a attitude problem. Sable's H1 was a straight line rocket, they were dangerous in the curves. Vavision mentioned some good bikes, the gs750 & 450 and kx650 were great bikes I didn't like the 400 kawasaki. The ones I worked on at the dealership were oil leakers. 

Kiwi_XZ

I just couldn't say no when my wife offered to buy me a new bike for my birthday last month.

It's a Kawasaki Er-6F or as they are called in the USA a Ninja 650R
I'll fix it, pass me a bigger hammer!

glennw

I have new owned a new bike so I bought a DRZ400S for Christmas... Now when I want to get dirty.... hehehe ::)
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Night Vision

Quote from: Kiwi_XZ on March 31, 2006, 09:59:46 PMIt's a Kawasaki Er-6F or as they are called in the USA a Ninja 650R

sat on one at my yamaha/kawasaki dealer down the road. very nice. 650 water cooled twin with counter balancing, cool shock and exhaust. That's the only new bike out there that I'd be interested in. about $7200 out the door here. I'd want the black one with the red frame
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kwells

My first bike was a  black 82 Vision in 92...sold it cuz I thought I could afford a CBR 600....found out credit can be a bitch sometimes...so went without bikes until 2 years ago...found another black 82 Vision and then the following spring I found a cherry condition red 82 Vision with 500 miles on it...

Now I have 2...was worth the wait.

Kevin
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

dchakrab

1 83, titling headaches, black and gold.

1 83 Dion's selling, which I'm going to get my greedy hands on soon, with any luck.

1 Royal Enfield Bullet of unknown vintage, engine / gearbox rebuilt from scratch two years ago, about 2000 km on them. This bike's in India. If a friend of mine ever gets his export license done, I'll be looking to get a Bullet here too. Mine's a 350 standard, but I've been eyeing the 500's for a while. Nothing like a thumper.

Dave.

Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

VisionMeister

Have a spare 83 vision on which I put all the best of the 82 parts. Meant to sell it but its nice to have a spare and its dependable.
The 82 got the 83 upgrades and is much fresher and better looking.
Also have a 96 Ducati 900 ss/sp which I always wanted since the early 90's when they first came out.
Have a 73 Kawasaki 500 triple in Kawa factory green paint with Denco chambers and Koni shocks.
Yamaha TTR125l play bike and Honda XR80  for my daughter.