News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

And now, without further adieu. INTRODUCING:

Started by YellowJacket!, March 31, 2006, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

YELLOWJACKET!

Well, its been almost a year to the day that I got my Vision and today, I pretty much finished her up...the restoration at least  :D

I am going to redo the emblems and take a look at some that Lucky is sending me and they should be on by the time y'all come down for the spring party crash and subsequent get together at my house Sunday afternoon.

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your (ongoing) support, tips, tricks and PARTS.  Without those of you who have helped and offered advice or words of encouragement, My Vision would probably not be sitting in my garage today.  Thank You! Each and EVERY one of you!!

And now, the pics:

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

YellowJacket!

Mutt

Nice Job!! When we ride, your in the lead for safety reasons? :) I'm thirsty. Think I'll go have some lemonade.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

:) Another excellent example of some one taking, time, patience and a few dollar's to come up with a Vision to be PROUD of......... 8) . Well done Dave........ ;) A real labor of love........ ;D

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

wolf

Dave---beautiful job on that bright bumble bee of a bike!
Got a suggestion for the patches on the exhaust pipes--did this on my vision, had the same welds--run a line of tape horizontally down the centre of the pipes and get some flat black engine enamel and carefully spray the bottom halves of the pipes--the weld patches virtually disappear.--wolf.

kiawrench

You said it was really ,really yellow,,, guess that just might describe it .

great job, looks like you may have solved your visibilty worry in one smooth stroke! 

now, time to run out to your local biker hangout, find someone to sew up a good set of all weather leathers to match .   
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

you oughta put the SeeBee's logo on there, lol
the stickers were slightly delayed & went out today (i had 'em packed & had to find them. ::)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

how's it look with the yellow stinger on it?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

maybe some black pinstriping.  it looks awesome!!

YellowJacket!

Just added the sidecover emblems.  Should have been patient and waited to post those pics but I was just so stoked that it looked so good.

David

Paul_Jungnitsch

That Vision looks so nice it almost seems a shame to ride it.

smknjoe1964

AWESOME ! Great job Dave ! I hope ours looks as good when were done !

Extent

Looks awesome, I knew yellow was a good color for this bike :D
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

jasonm.

Looks greaaaaaaaaaaat...did you put the drain holes in the exhaust pipes? I can already see bulges. Best do it now.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

YellowJacket!

Put the new emblems on today.  Man, what a pain.  They are unused NOS from an XJ so they had a slight curve in them.  I tried to flatten them out but they kept the curve.  I guess they were molded that way.  Anyway, used some automotive emblem adhesive to mount them with and lots of tape to hold them down and wouldn't you know, one of them flexed so stinking hard that it peeled a bit of paint off.  Fortunately it was on the side that I had runs on that Im going to touch up.

Next projects ar the shark fairing.  I got a new screen for it, sanded down and primed the fairing and Im waiting for the mounting bolts to arrive.  The nose glass and rubber trim were nearly perfect thankfully.  When Im done, it should hopefully look brand new.  I also picked up a Vision exhaust off ebay.  Judging from the pictures it looks excellent...much better than mine.  Once I mount it, I'll post the pics too.

David

glennw

My used to be Yellow Vision thanks you... ;) I knew it was good chioce  ;D
Who's got the balls to do Hugger Orange?  :-*
I'll be waiting... in primer for you...  :o
GlennW
Half Mad Max

haunter

looks great!

makes the paint my bike has look like a hack job!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

YellowJacket!

Well,  good news today.  I got to work today and found out that I get off at 3pm rather than 7pm.  When I got home it was 50 degrees outside... a veritible heatwave (oh and forget what I said about wanting snow.  I just want warm weather again).  Anyway, yellowjacket was sitting in the garage looking lonely so I decided to give her a little love and attention.  I primed her up, set the choke, snapped the throttle three times, waited a minute and fired her up.  After only two attempts, she was running!  YEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAA!  So, I decided she needed to burn off some old gas so I let her idle a bit to warm up and tooke her for a short ride.  Got back home (a little more numb than before) and let her idle a bit more before hooking up the battery tender and parking her again.
I'm guessing that in a few more weeks, I'll be able to start riding again regularly so I'm looking forward to it.

Take Care,

David

kiawrench

Dave-- you and old furry fella from up north just need to move a little more south and east, the only thing that stops me from riding has a lot of medical staff working inside(  shhhh)  .
   that way, gas never gets old, fingers never fully thaw out ,and i wont be the only nut riding a bike to work every morning!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky