Selling my Vision

Started by Brian Moffet, April 01, 2006, 10:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

Well, I'll tell the short tale here.

I was on my way down to Buellton, and about 15 miles north of San Ardo, I start losing power.  I pull off and do a lot of testing, which includes pulling the rear spark plug to check for spark.  The engine runs with it pulled and I do have spark so that's not it.  My wife pulls up (thank god for cell phones, she was ahead of me) and we manage to nurse it down to Paso Robles, where with a lot of help we get it in a truck and back to Santa Cruz.  12 hours after packing I was back at home with a broken Vision.

I can't really afford to fix it, and this is probably a major issue here.  So, I'm offering to sell it for parts or complete.

Brian

Superfly

Sent you a PM (please don't part it)

P.S.  I have a box of parts I use to diagnose my Visions that I could send to you (TCI, etc...) If you need parts.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lucky

I put off PORing my tank last year, & I ended up stuck close to home with EXACTLY the same symptoms.  all it was was a clogged filter (better than a clogged carb) I have 2 new filters & a POR kit sitting here waiting for the warmer weather.

Don't sell it, it might be a $2 fix!!

--Lucky

p.s. I sincerly hope this is an April fools joke!!  :-\
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

Okay, enough torture. 

Yes Lucky, it was an April fools joke.    I have no intention of getting rid of the Vision, but I do need to figure out what is wrong with it.  I'll carry that discussion over on the tech forum.

Brian

Walt_M.

I did not believe for one second that an original owner of an '83 would sell because the bike quit!
Whale oil beef hooked!