CROV FALL RUN...Sept. 23rd and 24th.. REPORT & PHOTOS!!!!

Started by glennw, May 11, 2006, 11:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

Craig, is that the place on Tabuea?  that would work good... I can't wait!
" border="0

supervision

Sorry about your crash Don,  hope to see ya.  Where in Nev.?
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Hey Dave, how was the vintage trailer get-together?

supervision

Oh ya, the vintage trailer rally was SOLD OUT,  At first we thought we would just head down there and see if we could be around anyway but then we decided, let's go to Zion and Brice. I had been telling Barb about all the cool rock formations we had seen on the Kingman trip,  so that's what we did instead.  We had our 1956 Shasta travel trailer apart fixing some dry-rot and with all the rain of last winter it was taking forever to get finished!  Finally the weather broke and it was bttw, untill it was finally finished. The first night out we made it to a truck stop in Bakersfield... breakfast a Denny's and pulling towards Vegas by 6:30 am.  That afternoon we made it to St. George Ut., turned off  of 15 onto 9 that takes you to Zion. The road went through nice little country ranches, it was spring conditions and every thing was looking happy! We got to the entrance for Zion and slowly crused through. The rocks are spectacular, a bunch! I have never said wow! so many times. We pulled of numerious times and took pictures of everything (the camera failed to keep any of the pictures, we have nothing).  We kept going cause we need to stay at Ruby's Inn at Brice and we need to get there and get a site for the trailer. All was well on our arrival and we enjoyed a needed rest.  Hiking into Brice canyon was a mind blower again, and we relaxed in the Hot Tub afterwards. The next day we left the trailer and took 12 to an area called Escalante, the road was bitichen!  that day turned out to be 300 miles or so and we hit the Tub again. The following  day we took a drive to Lake Powell, on to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Sorry, I got to go for now, see everybody at the next ride. Dave and Barb
" border="0

VisionMeister

Pine Acres resort and Campground
209-296-4650
P.O. Box 56
Pine Grove, Ca. 95665

Kitchenettes are $64.00 per nite for double occupancy. + $5.00 per each additional person.
Regular rooms are $54.00 per nite.
Beds are doubles (no kings or queens).

Camping and trailer sites are also available.
there are only eight rooms available.

h2olawyer

Supervision -

I took my folks through Zion & Bryce on the way back from my law school graduation.  Zion is big & fairly spectacular, but I thought Bryce was incredible.  Those hoo-doos are quite a sight to behold.  Living near all these 14,000 foot peaks, it takes some really amazing scenery to get me going, but Bryce & a lot of Utah for that matter is indescribable.  You just have to go there to believe it.  Glad you had a chance to visit those places.  The rock formations and colors are unlike anyplace else.  Anybody been through Monument Valley before?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

gbranche

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 08, 2006, 01:52:15 AM
Anybody been through Monument Valley before?

Yup. Absolutely breath-taking vistas.

My suggestion: spend a week in Flagstaff, AZ, and take day trips to many different sights. You can do the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Lake Powell/Page, Petrified Forest, Sunset Crater, Oak Creek Canyon/Sedona, Wupatki, Tuzigoot, Marble Canyon, the Meteor Crater, and lots of other stuff that I don't recall at the moment.

Then, travel north through Page, and spend a few days in Cedar City, UT exploring the area. From there, head to Moab for another couple of days. You'll have experienced some of the best scenery the southwest has to offer.

Of course, it would be best to do this all on a motorcycle... :)

Greg

glennw

Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

Along with Greg's suggestions,check out the Durango, Colorado area.  Not that far and you can ride over Red Mountain Pass.  These are some of the most rugged mountains in the Rockies.  As a plus, you can take a ride on the Durango - Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.  The entire four corners region out to Flagstaff is motorcycle heaven but doing it in a cage is still pretty spectacular.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

gbranche

Quote from: glennw on June 08, 2006, 05:21:08 PM
So can we add you to the confimed list Greg  ???

I haven't yet had time to clear it with my social coordinator. We've been busy with dance recitals, violin recitals, vacation prep, etc.

I'll put a reminder on my calendar to check my calendar...

Greg

supervision

Yes touring these areas, has been on my list for awhile. I tryed to talk Barb into letting the vision ride in the back of the truck but she wasn't digging it.  We have been sort of toying with the idea of taking the trailer to Lake Tahoe the week of the fall rally and then comming back to Craig's place in time for the fun and festivites.  I forgot to mention, when we got back from Utah, we took off the next day and rode the V to the cabin... Barb on the back...  Our kids were having a party on Friday night and weren't invited!   That's the first time she rode on the back in years.   We had a nice time crusing easy.   I either need a new ass or a new seat or combination of both,   see ya
" border="0

glennw

Motel info updated 06/14:

rooms available for September 22 & 23rd - A regular room is $59.00 a night and a kitchenette is $64.00 a night.  Please call if you are interested in reserving a room for that weekend.  Our number is 209 296-4650 and our hours are 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Monday thru Saturday

They don't take credit cards... I have room 13 reserved... (my lucky number)
GlennW
Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

Just had to bring this post back to the top.
Went riding this weekend with two ZRX1200's and a GS1100e. How 49 to Sonora for breakfast where we ran into Tim Pashnit the founder of the California Roads website. Nice guy, full of energy.
Went over Sonora pass. What a spectacular road. It's amazing how good the pavement is with all of the abuse it gets from winter snow and ice at close to 10,000 ft at the top.
North on 395 to Monitor Pass to Markleville. Monitor is simply a 7 mile swithchback upgrade followed by about 3-4 miles accross the top and a 7 mile switchback downgrade to the Carson River. Markleville is biker hangout deluxe.
We gassed and left as our pipes weren't loud enough to hang with that crowd.
Came back over Carson Pass, Hwy 88, by Kirkwood Meadows Ski resort, Caples Lake and Silver Lake. Very beautiful but full of Fathers Day day trippers.
280 mile loop
Rode the ZRex for a while. What a torque monster. And those twin six piston calipers work very well, thank you.

supervision

Hey ,pretty cool ya ran into Pashnit, guess it was nice to be in the high country, staying cool.  Barb and I drove down to Fresno caus uncle John was putting on the Father's Day fly-n. It was hot as Brides breath down there, felt good to relieve ourselfs in the pool afterwards.  Almost went riding Sun. but diced to mow the 3 week growth off the lawn instead.  Did you see the Honda VFR 750 in Motorcyclist?  It's a Shobert Race bike.   Moto GP was a mess, they need shields protecting the brake levers on those suckers... How bout that Miller track in Salt Lake!!  Totalitly Tit's 
" border="0

visionless

Quote from: supervision on June 19, 2006, 11:47:07 PM
   It was hot as Brides breath down there, felt good to relieve ourselfs in the pool afterwards. 

You must stay at least 50 feet away from my pool at all times,  Unless wearing an adult diaper. 
                 Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

supervision

I can only think of about 15 or 20 things I should do to my bike in preperation for this special occasion, better put it on the stand and strip er down. 
" border="0

darkvision

Hi All,
I'm definitely interested in attending the CROV fall run. My V is running great and I hope to replace my steering head bearings before the run. A question for the group, are other bikes welcome on this ride ?  My brother just bought a Honda Nighthawk 650 and I'd like to invite him also. Please let me know.

Kudos to the ringleaders for organizing these get-togethers.  I was very disappointed to miss the last fall run but the pictures and write-ups provided some solace. I'm looking forward to September.
Best wishes ,   Vic

glennw

Sure Vic... you  (and your brother) are most welcome!
Where are you coming from?
GlennW
Half Mad Max

darkvision

Great !Thanks Glenn,  I'll be riding from Livermore, my brother from Mill Valley.  We completed the steering bearing replacement this past Sunday and the V tracks and turns like new. The only other planned maintenance is a fork oil change. I can hardly wait for the ride.
Take care, Vic

glennw

Great Vic... the bay area will be well represented....
Look forward to meeting a new CROV member!...

Dirtyvision Brian.. How is it coming?

Greg... how is it looking for you making it?

It looks like Les "Trial Attorney" (a new "member" from our last run) has a gathering of his other loves... Porsche 928's.... that weekend and won't be able to make it... I'm sure he has the Vision bug now though as he is installing some 83 front brakes on his 82!
GlennW

Half Mad Max