News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

CROV FALL RUN...Sept. 23rd and 24th.. REPORT & PHOTOS!!!!

Started by glennw, May 11, 2006, 11:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

It looks like the largest CROV gathering is in the works!
Glad to see the whole family coming Greg!
GlennW..
Half Mad Max

Ron_McCoy

supervision

we might have to get a Parade permit, and maybe Security Gaurds (if were going to have a beer) you know how California is now days..  Probably requires an Environmental Impact report for the areas we're going thru...  Hopefully no hot stators (fire hazard and all).  Ron, look into this please.

" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Don't worry Dave, I'll check into it....  We might need a permit for all the shredded rubber we'll put on the roads too.

supervision

I know you're right on that deal!  Sure too bad about Jim Pomeroy dying, did you here?
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Yeah, that's really sad.  Its strange that someone with the skills Pomeroy had would be done in in a single vehicle accident.  Just his time to go I guess.

supervision

yea, I read he tipped it over on one of those telephone guide wires.. also he had his daughter with, but she was ok. it was at an off road park for jeeps.  what a drag   I was around him many times at the AHRMA events I  go to.  He was very personable, loved having a good time
" border="0

visionless

Glen,
   I put the master cylinder on yesterday and guess what.  It didn't work!  Now if I didn't know you, I would have to assume you were trying to pull a fast one over on me, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.  I pulled the plunger out ( not sure of the technical term) and it had I bunch of crap in it.  I guess its time for the routine 25 year service.  I look forward to seeing everyone and actually riding a Vision to a Vision rally.  What if I just stick the Vision emblems onto my Kat in the appropriate places?
                           Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

glennw

Chris, I think have another one.. not sure if it works as I never used it..pm your address and I'll send it on.
GlennW
Half Mad Max

gbranche

Ryan and I finished getting his '82 back together enough for me to take it for a test ride around the block last night. There are still a couple of minor issues to resolve (throttle cable routing, rear brake light switch connection to the brake pedal), but those should be cleared up today.

Now I just have to remind him to stay away from the soda bottles out on the road, and he should be good to go for the rally.

Greg

Ron_McCoy

Maybe some kind of sweep in front of the bike like a cowcatcher on an old locomotive. ;D ;D ;D

darkvision

CROV gang,
4 weeks to go.  I replaced the steering head bearing and my fork oil. The V is running great.  I found another exhaust sytem so hopefully I may get  a chance tor eplace  the mufflers  before the ride.
Take care,   Dark V

supervision

sounds good darkvision,  it will be nice to meet you. dave
" border="0

glennw

Craig,
Superfly and I will be trailerling up on Friday.
With any luck we should be there about 1 or 2pm.
Would you be kind enough to post directions from HWY 99 coming from the south and directions for those coming from the bay area?
Thanks,
GlennW
Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

The most direct route is to take Hwy 99 north to Stockton to the Waterloo/ Hwy 88 exit.
Careful here as the exit does not have much approach and is a tight right, left, right.
Follw Hwy 88 to Jackson, careful to catch the left turn just past Clements.
As you approach Jackson the first stoplight is ridge road. Take a left here and you will bypass the traffic of downtown Jackson.
Follow Ridge Road to Pine Grove, careful to catch the left turn about 6-7 miles out.
Ridge Rd re-intersects with Hwy 88 at Pine Grove.
Take a left and follow Hwy 88 through Pine grove until you see the large Billboard on the right for the Gold Mining Camp. This is the corner with Tabeaud Road,where you will find the Pine Acres "Resort" about a half mile off of the Hwy.

For any one coming from the North the best bet would probably be to take Hwy 99 south from Sacramento to the 104/Ione exit. This is about 8-10 miles south of Elk grove.
Follow 104 past the nuclear plant, through downtown Ione (turn left ,two blocks, turn right) to the Hwy 88 junction.
Turn left towards Jackson and take the same Ridge Road route described above.

Good luck.
Looking forward to a great meet.     

VisionMeister

Three weeks from today guys.
Check those stators, synch those carbs.
Is your master cylinder serviced.
Got fresh tires?
Dang, these visions are a lot of work.
It will be worth it though.

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Ron_McCoy on August 20, 2006, 01:06:53 AM
Yeah, that's really sad.  Its strange that someone with the skills Pomeroy had would be done in in a single vehicle accident.  Just his time to go I guess.
We should all be Thankful that he left us with his boots on.
8)

coil

Superfly

2 weeks to build me a engine...
no problem!  I love a good challange!
:o
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

Get'r done Superfly.... Everyone getting there bike ready to be ready?
We are on the verge of a record Vision attendance for the CROV...
We need every V we can muster!
Vision Rising .. you are excused this time  (just have it ready for spring!)
Visionless.. Got Brakes (they worked for ME)
I think every one else is on track!
Can you tell I'm all jacked and just counting the days....
GlennW
Half Mad Max

visionless

Glen,
   If those brakes worked for you, you weren't going very fast.  I have them apart cleaning everything up and will put them back on this weekend.  Hope for the best.
                             Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731