News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

First Day Ride in KS

Started by Schnurr, May 14, 2006, 10:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnurr

I just got back (last Sunday) from my first of many many road trips on my restored vision. I live in OP, KS.  Our day trip took us 350 miles round trip and the V did great.

We went south on I-35 to Emporia and then over to Cassidy.  They have a big bike ride the first Sunday of every month. For a cloudy misty kinda nasty day there must have been 1500 bikes, I have heard on nice days there may be up-wards of 3k bike roll through there. At any rate it was a cool destination for a day trip. From there we went up Hwy 177 through the flint hills with some very wide open straight away on which the Vision was wound out on several occasions. We stopped and had lunch in Manhattan KS (Aggieville). From Manhattan we took HWY 24 through the rolling hills north of Topeka, Lawrence,and back to KC.  Quite a nice ride and I got to see quite a bit of Kansas I had never see before since I'm a transplanted Savannah Georgia boy.

The Vision did great. Cranked every time, charged the entire way, ran strong, ran cool, and handled great. I was riding with an SV, GSXR, and a Softail. When we all got back they were all complaining about there buts or there backs or there legs being numb. I was, fine the Vision rode comfortable all day long which was good cause when we did get home I had chores to catch up on.  I wasn't gonna be able to lay around complaining about my bike ride.

The vision has turned out to be a great bike it seems. I was able to fix it up for only a couple hundred bucks and shop time, it sure beats making payments.  Now I think the search is on for a vision a little more factory with a fairing. Riding naked did make my neck hurt a little on Monday.  I cant wait for the next road trip. I think we are going to ride up to the Field of Dream in Iowa.  Should be fun. I will log a report on our return.

OH yea roberbert from ebay if you visit the forum and happen to read this screw you that Vision with 9200 miles out in western Kansas should be in my driveway, you suck.
Better to have learned than not to have tried

smknjoe1964

That flint hills trip is awesome ! I use to go up there all the time since I was a kid and fish the cottenwood river at a farm just north of Mattfield Green . Beautifull part of Kansas ! Plan to make some trips there this year !  Yeah I seen that on ebay !  I would have been rigth in there bidding but I didnt have the money after I seen it going past 600.00 .   I wanted that bike too ! Well maybe there will eventually be enuff of us vision riders around ks to get together and go on rides ?

Schnurr

Yea I hope so.  I saw you and the other guy over on the general board. If we can get a group together Im up for a ride or getting together at a charity ride or something. We know of 3 I wonder how many there might be, say in a 200 mile radius?  Anyway, I just got my bike put together and now it's been tested so I feel confident to go just about anywhere anytime. All I need is an excuse and to get my permission slip (from the wife) signed and Im good to go.

Schnurr
Better to have learned than not to have tried

tsnapccracklepop

any of you kansas guys interested in my visions?  see the swap area, or craigslist kansas city.

don_vanecek

Hey you Kansas guys, not too long a ride for you to come up to Omaha for the VJMC MetricFest August 6-8 next year. I will post more info on this in the  spring-I'm on some of the planning committees but as you can guess we are not doing too much planning right now.