News:

Main Menu

Very cool article

Started by Odium, May 18, 2006, 01:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odium

I just purchased a copy of the March 1982 issue of "Cycle" magazine on ebay. It's got a review of the Vision and calls it "The best V-Twin in the World". I want to scan the article and share it if no one here's seen it. There's also a really cool fold out 4 page ad for the Vision. Would there be any problem with scanning this and posting it? Copyright and all that?

tattooedtaz69

I would like to see the article you could email me look at my profile

don_vanecek

I'll bet the four page add is the same one I sent to Night Vision a month or so ago (has a picture of a silver grey Vision in it, right?).  Night Vision scanned the add for people who would like it.

YellowJacket!

Count me in too.  I'd like to read it as well.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

gbranche

I put a bunch of scanned articles/ads on my .Mac account a while ago, and everything is still there just waiting to be downloaded. Navigate to my .Mac file sharing page.

If anybody has anything to contribute, feel free to email me a copy, and I'll post it while I still have room to do so.

Greg

Night Vision

Quote from: don_vanecek on May 18, 2006, 11:48:23 PM
I'll bet the four page add is the same one I sent to Night Vision a month or so ago (has a picture of a silver grey Vision in it, right?).  Night Vision scanned the add for people who would like it.

Don, all the stuff granche has is different than what you sent me. Different add and mostly 83 articles. Definately worth downloading and reading.
I sent you a PM
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Odium

Sorry about not responding to people's requests. My wife is due to give birth this week so I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get ready! I'll scan the article tonight and the ad, and try to remember to send it out to everyone. Should I just send it to gbranche and he can post it for sharing? As far as the 4 page spread, it is the one with the silver Vision. On a side note, I officially start riding my Vision as my primary mode of transportation tomorrow. I can't wait!

Tiger

:) Congrats on both your impending's....... ;D ;D ;D :D 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

MotorPlow

Quote from: Odium on May 22, 2006, 06:16:14 PM
My wife is due to give birth this week so I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get ready!

Was she standing near the Vision again? You never really know what these bikes are capable of doing... 

Congratulations... Although, I could have just stuck one of my kids in the mail to you.

Night Vision

Quote from: Odium on May 22, 2006, 06:16:14 PM
My wife is due to give birth this week....  I officially start riding my Vision as my primary mode of transportation tomorrow.

Odium, are you sure about this.... having kids is a HUGE responsibilty  :o

Seriously, congrats, be super careful on your rides and I wish you and your expanded family the best  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

zore

Scan it into a pdf if you can, send it to me and I'll post it on m900.com

jvolltrauer.gmail.com
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Odium

I got as far as the magazine cover last night. I'll try to scan the rest tonight. As for my first ride in, I forgot the front wheel on my bike was bent when my brother crashed it. The wobble didn't show up until freeway speeds, then BOY did it! I had only ridden it on surface streets prior to this (post crash). Here's the magazine cover as a teaser.

zore

That cover is classic in so many ways.  ;D
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

wolf

Right on--Cycle was SUCH a goodmag! Can't wait for the article...

don_vanecek

Oh I love those pictures of new V's with perfectly shining engine cases!

Extent

Interesting though that the YICS cover isn't chromed.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

louthepou

If you're like me, you'll put your child to sleep in the garage on the Vision...  ;D

(no, I didn't do it with the door closed.)

(Actually, I used the 1982 Craftsman tractor, it also has a twin, but air cooled and made by Onan.)

(Where am I going with this?)

Ah! right. Congrats!

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Odium

Well, several days, and one baby later, I have the article scanned and PDF'd. The final PDF is 13mb. Does anyone that requested this have a size limit on their email? If I just zip the original jpegs they're only 8mb. Maybe I can send the zipped jpg files to someone to make a better pdf. I'm just using the free PDF995 Driver and it doesn't always have the best results.

Extent

I can OCR it and PDF it if yall want, I bet I can get it smaller than 8 meg.  My email is in my profile.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Odium

Just sent the zipped up jpg files to you.