News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

saddlebags

Started by Kevin, May 25, 2006, 10:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Looking at our gallery there is a picture of a beautiful vision with what looks like bmw saddlebag mounts.  The heading says owned by Burke Storti. Is he still around?  :-\

Lucky

i haven't seen Burke since i was a newbie...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

MotorPlow

Those are the saddlebag mounts for a set of Krouser bags. I have those on my bike. Could be a little bigger, but still a great set of bags.

Same Bags as here:

dchakrab

Man, those cases are over $400...

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1858/423/

Where can I find cheap saddlebags?

Dave.
Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

konik2666

HAllo You can find cheap saddlebags in Poland its coast about 100% and looks like new :) Realy ,but I don't know how much is coast shipping from Poland to USA

h2olawyer

Hard begs are normally a big investment.  You can find some deals on eBay.  I just did a search for motorcycle saddlebags, then tried the hard saddlebags link in the related searches list.  Saw several.  You would likely have to fabricate a mount, but here's some inexpensive ones:

http://stores.ebay.com/Cool-Gear

If you take some time to search deeper, you can probably find some even less expensive ones.  Can't vouch for the quality, however.  Well made ones will likely cost a fair amount even used.  Check out your local police auctions, flea markets & the like.  You can often come up with a set for a decent price at those places as well.

Mounting & cost are the reasons I went with soft luggage.  Easy on & off, about $100 ~ $150 for new saddlebags & tank bag.  Mine have lasted for over 22 years, but they don't get a lot of use.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

XZinWV

bought a set of those off ebay, they looked nice on the vision, but they are pretty lightweight

MotorPlow

I paid $150 for my Krausers on the SwapShop on this forum.

kiawrench

i ride with the hard saddlebags intended for the turbo seca II,, these bags have a very nice angled look, but i went the extra step, i mounted them on opposite sides,
please see the vision e-zine  ,vol one issue one , reader's rides.

these pop up on e-bay often, no one ever seems to want them, i paid about 20.00 for mine ,, and the were still new in the factory box.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .