News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Lets talk gauges

Started by kwells, May 24, 2006, 05:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Blake

Dont waste your money on anything but a wide-band AFR meter or else you'll still be shooting in the dark..but this time with a candle.  you need a wideband to do any real tuning.  I have a wide band with bungs welded into my exhaust so i could convert to individual k&N pod filters.  Pretty much have the jetting down, but havent had time recently to do the final tweaks.  but expect to pay 500+ for a decent AFR meter, display, and o2 sensor.

As for the "dyno" spec gauges...  I never personally liked them myself.  you really would have a lot better information if you actually go to a dyno/drag strip.  other than that the rest is pretty much speculation (except for the 60mph tests-which might not even work with the vision if it requires an electronic speedo feed).

hope that helps.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Extent

Non Wideband O2 sensors are excelent at telling you if you're running stoic or not, but not how rich or lean you are.  The autometer O2 guage will give a pretty light show but over all it's just a nother ricey accessory (I built my own once for less than 10$ in parts)

Bosch has a recent WBo2 sensor that retails for <100 bucks, and you can build a relatively cheap datalogger from these guys
http://wbo2.com/2a0/kit.htm

I had a bit of a post about it on my personal forum here
http://levanthia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=262

One of these days I'm gonna make a dyno for the V that just uses the shaft drive, since getting a set of rollers seems to be one of the more difficult parts of building one.  Then I've got all kinds of interesting things I want to play with (ok Extent, take a deep breath, one thing at a time.. heh )
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.