News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Tygon Tubing

Started by Dr.Gimpo, May 20, 2006, 08:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Gimpo

i used tygon tubing (pictured bleow) on my last bike ( Honda Twinstar) and it worked great, clear so you could see the gas and a 5 year lifespan before they START becoming brittle. i recemend swapping out the tubing on your vision when you get the chance. and what type of in-line fuel filter do you recemend i pick up?

Kenny

Hi, & welcome to the site. What year is your "V" ?
  I have been using the Tygon fuel line for a couple of years & highly recomend it, it's easy to work with. I am using the 90 ' filter that Dennis Kirk sells p/n 18-2519,it fits great between the petcock & fuel feed to the Carb.
          Ride Safe  Kenny
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Lucky

I like the idea of being able to see the fuel, does the tubing UV yellow as it ages? who carries it?

The small cone filters are sold in many hardware & bike shops. they are only a couple of bucks, but the sintered bronze elements are an excellent filtering medium. the ones i use are like the DK one listed below, but straight, only because i can't get the 90 degree ones localy
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ps2/bikevision

hey lucky you can get the fuel line at any bike shop. theve got all kinds of colors. i got blue on mine but it turned green once i put fuel in it. but it is really nice to be able to see the fuel in the line.

Tiger

:) I replaced all my fuel / overflow line's this winter, with clear, fuel grade product from Canadian tire. I have always used clear line's in my toy's..... ;D, bike's / snow mobiles, etc, for the few dollar's a roll it costs, I change them every off season. The small, cone shaped filter's with the sintered bronze element I get from my Yamaha dealer for a couple of buck's each.....
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!