News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

ROV membership requirement

Started by Lucky, May 20, 2006, 04:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

the only requirement for becoming a Visionary is owning a Vision, i think this should be added: (with apologies to Dave 'dchakrab')

There should be a New Vision Owners oath:
I solemnly swear to faithfully perform all my own maintenance, to preserve, protect & defend the reputation of my bike, Perform repairs to the best of my abilities, repair my own ride and keep it from being parted out, so help me God or whichever deity you pray to when some idiot pulls out and makes a left, right in front of you. -Amen!

::EDIT:: I have made this into a certificate, just for fun, Email me if you want one, it's in Word format.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Extent

Heh, make it like a blood pact but signed in used motor oil and sealed with a stamp of the left side engine casing.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

louthepou

Drive shaft oil would be more appropriate, Extent :)

Hey Lucky, I'll e-mail you (I could decorate my bedroom with the certificate?)

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Tiger

:) A flamin' STATOR seal....lol..... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Tiger on May 20, 2006, 09:00:14 AM

Actually a burning stator BRAND on your right arm.  We have to use our own stators too.  R/R brands are also acceptable.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

YellowJacket!

I solemnly swear to faithfully perform all my own maintenance, to preserve, protect & defend the reputation of my bike, Perform repairs to the best of my abilities, repair my own ride and keep it from being parted out, so help me God or whichever deity you pray to when some idiot pulls out and makes a left, right in front of you. -Amen!

I Swear,

DaveTN

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

ps2/bikevision

Quote from: DaveTN on May 20, 2006, 07:46:02 PM
Quote from: Tiger on May 20, 2006, 09:00:14 AM

Actually a burning stator BRAND on your right arm.  We have to use our own stators too.  R/R brands are also acceptable.

David

already got one on my hand. after moving the rr to rear foot peg like an idiot i reached down there and grabed it to see how hot it gets. yea it gets hot. then just for good measure last month after fixing my starter clutch i fired her up and after letting her warm up a bit i reached down and grabed the exhaust and yelled "DAM THATS HOT, WHAT THE F*CK DID I DO THAT FOR, DUM A*S" i dont know what i was thinking.

Lucky

Quote from: ps2 on May 20, 2006, 11:53:23 PM
i reached down and grabed the exhaust and yelled "DAM THATS HOT, WHAT THE F*CK DID I DO THAT FOR, DUM A*S" i dont know what i was thinking.

Oh god, i'm laughing so hard my wife just came running into the room to see what's wrong!!

Walt_M.

If you want to know what gets hot on a Vision, refer to my avatar. It is a pretty good infrared photo taken after about 20 minutes of riding on a 70 degree day!
Whale oil beef hooked!

haunter

Quote from: ps2 on May 20, 2006, 11:53:23 PM

already got one on my hand. after moving the rr to rear foot peg like an idiot i reached down there and grabed it to see how hot it gets. yea it gets hot. then just for good measure last month after fixing my starter clutch i fired her up and after letting her warm up a bit i reached down and grabed the exhaust and yelled "DAM THATS HOT, WHAT THE F*CK DID I DO THAT FOR, DUM A*S" i dont know what i was thinking.

I do dumb stuff like that too  :(

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

dj

PS2 - In the words of Bill Engvale (spelling??) "Here's your sign!"
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

dj

Lucky - I so swear (can I get one of those certificates?)!
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Serendipity

Ooooh! We have to have a copy for Tailwheel's workshop!

Tiger

:) Thanks Lucky......now up on show in my garage...... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

haunter

I do solemnly swear............

everytime I fix something something else pops up :'(

email that sucker would ya lucky?
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Lucky

Haunter you need to send me an email, yours isn't listed in your profile.
--Lucky

haunter

fixed that............emailed you anyways

hfarley

I swear Lucky! Can I have a cert too? I also swear to ride when I can and smile with the biggest grin that I can as I am going down the highway!

I don't have a burnt staor on my arm but I did get an imprint of the gas cap on my cheek when I feel asleep on my bike while sitting on it in the garage. LOL! Does that count?
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Night Vision

Quote from: hfarley on May 24, 2006, 10:15:59 AM
....but I did get an imprint of the gas cap on my cheek when I feel asleep on my bike while sitting on it in the garage. LOL! Does that count?

I think that qualifies for a separate award and plaque  :D :D :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

konik2666

hallo Lucky oh its great,can I get one of those certificates??

Email rider2666@wp.pl

Best regards

Konrad