News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

One (two) of these things is not like the other.....

Started by Serendipity, June 12, 2006, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serendipity

Tailwheel and I did our first Poker Ride on Saturday. I'm guessing there were around 40ish bikes. Needless to say we were the only Visions, and there were only two other non-Harleys. One of which was our friend's Kawasaki Vulcan who rode with us, and we did spot one other Yamaha V-Star.

A completely pleasant ride for all. Good weather, stopping at every dive-biker bar in our general area. I really don't get the whole drinking at every spot thing, but whatever. Dave, Scott and I just rode by ourselves and stayed away from the partyers while we were actually riding. Due to Dave's supreme navigational skills (sorry honey, just teasing) I even got to practice a nice u-turn on US1. LOL With all of the manuvering into crappy parking lots etc, I'll say *again* that I am soooooooo glad I took the MSF course.

Dave rode in front, with me in the middle and Scott pulling up the rear. Scott, who is a flying-friend of Dave's paid me a really nice compliment about my riding as did Dave. They are both giving me a big head. :)  I am enjoying riding so very much, haven't been excited about something like this in a long time....however I also take it very, very seriously. I think through every manuever and constantly have my eyes peeled. So if they think I am a natural they should think again, it takes a lot of concentration on my part to get it right, but it is sooo worth it.

Afterwards, since this was an all-day event, we took the bikes back home, took a nap, had dinner and came back to our local dive (in the car) where the ride started so we could have a couple of beers and sing karaoke.

A very awesome (and much needed for both us) fun day! And both Visions ran wonderfully, even if they did look a little out of place. :)

h2olawyer

The Visions weren't out of place, everybody else was!  Great to hear you're having such a good time imporving your skills.  It never ends.  The extended high concentration level is one of the things I enjoy most about riding.  You don't have time to think about your troubles & worries.  If that's what you're doing when you ride, you shouldn't be on the bike anyway.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

haunter

x2

harley's...................................blah
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.