News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

complete gasket sets? updated with prices!

Started by haunter, June 01, 2006, 10:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdub

Cometic can also set you up with head and base gaskets. They will need to know the stock bore size and the OD of the stock sleeve as the gaskets they make up for us are for the 750 version. We use the copper versions, but I am sure they will fix you up with whatever you want. The gaskets work very well reused...I have reused a mag cover gasket over 20 times(I have to remove the cover to get the motor out of the frame). The cam cover gaskets and exhaust gaskets are still available from Yamaha. Tdub

PS... for those that might be interested, we will be racing the Visions at the Syracuse Mile next weekend. We were definately fast at Springfield till a fried black box sidelined one bike and a spun rod bearing nixed the other one. Boy was Carr upset when his XR could not draft by the Vision down the straight!!!!
Always Looking for the Next Race

haunter

yeah need to get base gaskets, didnt catch that the first time

you got a part # tdub?
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Tdub

My part number won't help because it is for a larger diameter sleeve. If you call and talk to one of the tech guys, they should have the info for stock base and head gaskets as that is what I sent them. Tryce
Always Looking for the Next Race

Night Vision

Tdub - you going to the Friday night gathering at Performance HD in Syracuse?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

haunter

Quote from: Tdub on June 14, 2006, 11:00:50 PM
My part number won't help because it is for a larger diameter sleeve. If you call and talk to one of the tech guys, they should have the info for stock base and head gaskets as that is what I sent them. Tryce

good call......
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

haunter

Extent

Just got off the phone with Cometic and she told me that all the part numbers should have an M at the end, that sometimes the computer cuts it off or something like that.  So the complete part numbers are

Clutch cover gasket...EC1063018AFM
Generator cover gasket...EC1062018AFM
Tensioner gasket...EC1061018AFM
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.