News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Helmets

Started by Kevin, June 17, 2006, 10:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

Soory but i can't resist....

What happens when ya gotta pee? I sure hope that zipper works! LOL!
-Heather ;)
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

YellowJacket!

And now back to our topic....um, whas it helmets?  Um, yeah...Helmets.  ;D  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kwells

On this post I was reading from the last post forward so I was confused until ...the pics...

lol
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

The zipper works great but it does take some minor contortions so a little advance warning is helpful.  Actually, it is easier than the two piece nylon gear I have.

As for helmets, I can't magine even going down the block without one.  Read someplace that people who started riding on dirt bikes before going to the streets are more likely to wear helmets all the time.  I know my dirt riding helmet saved me from a couple serious head knocks.  Actually had to replace it after the second one.  Hit a large boulder & got a crack & puncture in it on the upper right side.  Didn't even give me a headache.

I'm not so certain mandatory laws are the way to go as I prefer to give people the freedom to be stupid.  It tends to strengthen the gene pool.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 21, 2006, 01:15:43 AM
The zipper works great but it does take some minor contortions so a little advance warning is helpful. 

It tends to strengthen the gene pool.   ;D

H2O

......errrrrr, talking of advance warning and pool's.....is that brownish "pool" in your picture....

WATER  ??? :o ::) ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;)hehehehehe.....

(BTW...great picture on how to dress for the fall.... 8) )
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

With all that's been happening with my dad, I've lost some weight.   ;D  At least something positive has come out of all this.  Anyway, at about 15 pounds lighter than when I bought the leathers in April, they now fit great.  I've been on a somewhat healthier diet - lots of chef salads & water.  Also, down to two beers max per day.  Never know when something might happen & I need to drive to the rehab center or hospital in the middle of the night.

If I lose the next 15 pounds like I hope to, I may have to find someone to do some tailoring on the leathers.  Don't want a loose fit or they will wear through in a crash at the wrinkles.  It will be a minor problem, but one that I'm actually looking forward to.

By the way, Brian (Dead Dirty Vision) I liked the moustache comment.  It's another reason I don't dare ride without a helmet - with it all waxed & shaped, the aerodynamics can affect the bike's handling characteristics!

The "brownish pool" is not a "relief spot", it IS just a mud puddle - honestly!  It rained in the hills the day before that ride. There's just a little too much traffic at that point for me to be comfortable using it in anything other than an extreme emergency.   :-[

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.